Detailed round perforated table

Small round table, 6” diameter, 2” tall. Cherry proofgrade.

53 Likes

For what purpose do you intend to use this? I can envision it being used as a beautiful cupcake tray. Nice work!

3 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Love the detail, very nice.

3 Likes

Very pretty! A little larger and it would make a delightful cupcake tower. :grinning:

5 Likes

Gorgeous, I love it! Would work for dollhouse use or also display of special collectibles.

3 Likes

Wow, it’s beautiful!

Cake plate came to mind, but the idea of icing & cake crumbs getting into all the detail makes me cringe… (maybe clear epoxy to fill the spaces and seal it all to keep it beautiful but icing mess proof?)

3 Likes

Good point. Maybe a double layer with a thin sheet of clear acrylic over the wood.

4 Likes

Or perhaps slightly thicker clear or translucent ring engraved so it would fill the openings, but I think that the feet might be a bit wobbly if you added too much weight. You don’t show how they tie in at the center, but my experience with similar was shaky and broke when I tried to add too much weight,

In any case very stunning in its own right. I can easily envisionit in a Jewelers display case showing off a fine necklace or bracelet,

3 Likes

What does your under-platform mount look like?

2 Likes

This is beautiful can you explain how did you made it? My GF will be delivered next week, I would love something like this.