Dice Tower of... ...the Damned ...the Dead ...Rolling ...Madness

Howdy! I’ve had my Glowforge for a little over a year now. I’ve been a designer for nearly 15 years, and this has been an awesome way to bring some of my ideas to life. Since I feel like I FINALLY have the hang of the ins and outs of this machine, I’ve started putting some products in an ETSY shop. I couldn’t find whether or not I’m permitted to share that here, so I won’t for now. If anyone knows for sure either way, please do share!

Regardless, I’m anxious to share some of my designs! Here are some dice towers I’ve been making. It’s pretty much just one main design, but I change it up cosmetically. I connect everything using the serrated tabs that Dan shared in a post (forget where I saw that). I attached the fold down piece and acrylic with Chicago screws because I don’t like to glue. I do have some other glueless attachment tricks, and I’ll share those in other posts. Enjoy!

28 Likes

The zombie design is clever.

How do you get the white color on your acrylic?

4 Likes

Oh very cool! I like the Dead one and the Keep Out designs!

1 Like

Very nice! I really like the look of the Chicago screws, it gives it a “heftier” looks despite only being micro-ounces of material :slight_smile:

Also, no issue posting your Etsy link. I’d suggest also putting it in your profile because folks look there too.

3 Likes

Thanks! I always paint my acrylic engraves. If you paint before you peel the tape off it’s a perfect mask.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! I agree. It feels a lot more industrial with very little added effort.

1 Like

Since someone replied that I can share the store link, I’ll post it below. There are a lot more photos and products on there. Thanks, everyone!

4 Likes

Easy to see you’re having fun! :sunglasses:
Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

They all look great. I like the look of Chicago screws.

3 Likes

Love the addition of the acrylic image layer into these towers. Beautiful and clean work! I’ve really got to look into those serrated tabs, they keep popping up in more projects!

1 Like

those “nailed-on planks” sections on the zombie one are really effective.

3 Likes