DipJar Station

My organization who runs the Glowforge was fortunate enough to get a DipJar a few weeks ago. It’s a donation kiosk that requires basically no effort to operate. It’s only downfall is the need for a power source which becomes an issue at outside events. So with a little creativity, some profanity, and two models from draft board, I made something work. All of it is made from PG materials and fitted together. Inside is a power supply and it explains how the device works. The back display is offset because I’m building card and brochure holders to put on later. I’m excited to get it out there! Pardon the odd color of the pictures, the lighting in my kitchen sucks lol

31 Likes

Great job! Very professional looking! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That is so very cool! How did you do the lettering on the backdrop?

I’ve never heard of DipJar. The display looks meant to be.

2 Likes

The finest Krylon universal spray paint lol left the masking on and did a few coats and it came out great

1 Like

They are a newer company, that’s why I wanted to add a description so it didn’t look like a scam and shy people away

1 Like

Would you be willing to share more about your organization? As a first responder I am interested.

2 Likes

Of course! website is uniformedhelp.org or you can send me a message!

1 Like

Well done!

2 Likes

Clever adaptation for external events. I’d love to see the card and brochure holders you’re working on. Hope you get plenty of dips!

1 Like

Thanks! I have to order some more material, I thought I had more of the white acrylic than I actually did. Oops… lol

This is great! Are you planning to share/sell the file? We use Dip Jars at non-profit I work for and this is a great display solution!

I would definitely like the ability to do either! I know they liked it and the idea was being passed up the chain of command. Now that I’ve used it and found a few flaws, I’m going to do another (smaller) version soon. I figured out that you can use USB power on them, so the giant power pack isn’t needed.

1 Like

I got permission to share the file from DipJar. I have to make a few changes and I have an additional display design I want to try. I should have them uploaded in a few weeks!

2 Likes

Round 2 - this is the background for the stand. I found a smaller power source, so I can make the whole thing smaller! Will be doing the bottom portion later. The idea is to use clear acrylic on this and have it illuminated from the bottom. Hopefully it works lol

2 Likes

In the never-ending quest to make things more complicated than they need to be, I found some issues with this design. The lighting was… meh… I should have used a globe, but I didn’t like the way that looked.

Next try I’m just going to make a stand without worrying about lighting. Clear acrylic for the back with color inlay, two colored acrylic for the top of the base and probably two pieces of the thick acrylic under that to keep it stable. If this works out, I’m going to stick with it for a while - or at least until my mind keeps running with ideas that I can try lol

4 Likes

Would a touch of some kind of reflective tape along part of the left side help reflect light back through to the dimmer right extremes?

I tried some regular masking tape and it didn’t, I did not think about something reflective. I will have to try that!