Discussion of July 2021 Update

I don’t know but I just did a quick test just in the interface - so therefore it might not be replicating your experience exactly - and it let me set a layer to engrave and then change it to ignore. This was a layer that I did engrave when I made the piece…

1 Like

Chrome? Personally, I’d try an incognito window to get rid of any potential plug-in or ad-blocker interference.

Unless you have a pi-hole (NOT a pie-hole, @shop). There are a few external assets that the site talks to that ad-blockers have been known to be aggressive against.

2 Likes

I mentioned this in another post as well, I am noticing my GF is going ‘offline’ a lot more after the ‘upgrade’ I have a wifi 6 mesh system in my house, and a LOT of other wifi devices with no issues…

I will have to try the different browsers for sure.

For some reason the Glowforge is extremely picky about WIFI and even with everything else having no problem the Glowforge can still have trouble with it. Others here are far better versed in the specifics, and I have been fortunate to never see that issue.

If the router supports it, you can go into the router interface and look at specific device signal strengths. For me, the GF usually had about a 10dB weaker signal than other 2.4ghz devices in the same area.

2 Likes

I’ve been away for a bit so I’m excited to try out these new changes! I have some new designs to test out - looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.