Discussion of July Update, Part II (latest)

they decided that releasing that sort of information would either a.) give their competitors some sort of advantage, or b.) take too much labor away from production.

1 Like

More likely c) frustrate people waiting with how slowly they’re shipping, causing mass cancellations.

6 Likes

well, i didn’t say it was why i thought they didn’t release numbers, of course. it’s just the reasons we’re given.

3 Likes

Yes! It is certainly possible
But
No - they wont do it

3 Likes

@dan Please just tell us if shipments are still happening… we have a right to know… we are the ones who supported your company and bought your product… now we just want to know when we’ll get it… so frustrating

@rekanize just posted that they received the golden ticket today. . . see post “A specific question about acrylic sheets”

1 Like

someone just posted a thread where their laser was delivered, too.

Yes, should be about 90 per day though.

1 Like

yes, obviously, we’re all aware.

4 Likes

Part of the update discussion was news about new settings. For those with pre-release or production units? How long has the “Full” showed up on the operations column when 100% is chosen? I hadn’t noticed it before today. Granted, I haven’t been doing a lot because I’ve been preoccupied with my Prusa and the settings push has made me need to re-do my pre-release settings.

6 Likes

I noticed it for the first time yesterday.

2 Likes

Think a couple days. Another change… Now when you enter non-Proofgrade material thickness the material shows up in the top left corner of the GUI as Unknown/UNKNOWN. No longer a display of the thickness like before. That’s not useful.

5 Likes

Hm - I’ll check on those changes.

1 Like

Team says they are both mysteries being investigated. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

I’ll have to say that I am really disapointed about this news. Up until now, I found the GF team very honest through their communications. Every time they had issues on the technical development of the machine that lead to a additional delay, we had an e-mail with thorough explanations. I was really confident this time to receive my machine before end of July. And all of a sudden 3 additional months for no official reason. At least, no reason have been given for this.

Moreover, it seems that international backers are not treated as regular ones. How could international shipping have not started? We paid additional fee ($400 for me) for the extra price on shipping rates. So, we should be considered as normal customers and get our machine regarding the day we place the order not the place we are living…

Is refund is still possible? I think 2 year waiting is too long for me. Especially, if an other last minute delay is added or if european backers get served last. I’ll go with the muse even it’s a little bit more expensive.

3 Likes

Yes it is, we just try not to say it too much as a few started to say it as code for “will you just shut up”.
If you are serious, go to the main page and you will find instructions.
I hate to see anyone go but I do understand that everyone has different circumstances.

3 Likes

Yes, the refunds are available up until you receive a notice from Glowforge asking if you are ready to accept delivery and provide a shipping address.

A revised schedule was included in the email that went out on June 7th. If you didn’t receive a copy, you can read it here:

It also has instructions on how to cancel your order if you decide you can’t wait any longer at the bottom of the email.

I know the Glowforge team feels really bad about the delays, but since there isn’t anything more they can do about it, the decision as to what is right for each individual has to be up to that individual. Good luck making your decision.

2 Likes

Thank for the info. For now, I just wanted to know if it is possible. I’ll take some time to think about it and until I get quotes (and delay) back from other manufacturers. I know they working hard to get everyone satisfied but I can’t find any info about international shipping…

3 Likes

I’ve check my e-mails right now and I did received it but it was in spam. Sorry, for having missing it. Everything was on it! unlike I said in my previous post, GF team IS very professional.

7 Likes

you may wish to explicitly add hello@, support@, and danshapiro@glowforge.com to your safe senders list.

2 Likes