Discussion of June '17 update

The notion that staff might get ‘first dibs’ on their orders is bizarre for another reason: Staff have access to work all day on company-owned units in the office. I highly doubt they need one everywhere they spend their time, 24/7.

If I worked in a popcorn factory, I don’t think I’d be too anxious to take bags of it home at the end of the day and make a meal out of it.

5 Likes

You have no idea how much the staff wants Glowforge units at home. We all love our product and wish we had more time to play with it. Not exaggerating - I get the ‘when do I get mine’ question a lot.

My kids are also very annoyed at having a rotating series of 'forges at home, never one available when they want it, and want the one THEY get to name. (“Factorforge” is, I believe, the leading contender)

My kids are not normally entitled but when it comes to Glowforge access…

24 Likes

In that case, I’m sure it’s a great motivational tool for staff to put their best efforts towards getting through the back-orders ASAP. :grin:

I sense many Bring Your Child to Work days in your future…

3 Likes

Same here, no one in my inner circle cares about my laser lol

2 Likes

Hmm, according to this out-of-context segments of quotes, the coolant IS unicorn tears! I knew it!
:unicorn: :cry:

24 Likes

@dan quite disappointed I had emailed before making my purchase again as my credit card was tied to the glowforge originally and had a refund for a long wait time with several delays.

I was told orders placed now would ship by august then I placed my order and now I am reading this.

feel quite disappointed…

1 Like

I’m sorry, @jensenvphilip. If this changes your mind, we can issue you a quick refund - just let us know.

Hi Dan, sorry yah I can’t accept that a few days later another big delay after being told it will ship by august.

I will ask for a refund and buy elsewhere.

thanks

3 Likes

I have nothing up my sleeve at the moment (but thousands of floaties in my noggin) but I’m on the hunt! Gracias Señor for the offer I will take you up on it.

2 Likes

One of the very MANY. Xboxes notoriously have POOR big quality.

Although depending on the context in which one may take the comment “where will the rest of the Fractured States of America get their fruits and veggies?” that could also be taken as “Fruits and Nuts” since it seams a good number of them come from Cali as well but I think think/know they have other more pressing issues due to the way they like to give free hand outs to non-citizens which has put the state in to a financial downward spiral for years that and they re-elected Gov. Moonbeam who was largely at fault for this. Just some of the reasons I left the state to begin with.

Too bad. Unicorn tears would make a stellar coolant.

3 Likes

I’m hoping so. Hard to imagine a better coolant, unless we can make frost giants cry.

5 Likes

I am amazed at the temperature remarks. Wasn’t plgheaded, who was just delivered a production unit, in Tucson? What’s it running in Arizona right now, about 108 degrees?

6 Likes

And our early PRUs aren’t always perfect. Some have funky tubes, some (like mine) occasionally get a purple button stall (reboot the GF, hardware thing that was apparently fixed in later PRUs - last night took almost 45 minutes to make it want to start the coaster engrave, etc). I can’t wait to be just making my medical devices (although I will likely still play/post fun projects)

7 Likes

I am always entertained, and sometimes frustrated, by people that try to read too much into hypothetical examples. I love that @dan pointed out that they tested for cold, too. When everyone was talking up the cooler climates after the hypothetical heat example, I was thinking extreme cold causing cooling system ruptures in transit.

From the practical perspective, for every 1 factor we can envision contributing to pushing one class of order ahead of another, there are likely 50 known factors we aren’t thinking of, and probably another 50 that nobody has thought could be an issue until something happened.

4 Likes

And the bit that @Jules mentioned from the outset. PRU are solely the property of Glowforge. They can call them back, at any time, without warning, and prior to any indication of receiving your production unit. I’m sure having them has been great, but it is primarily a service to others, not yourself.

2 Likes

/facepalm … someone scarcasim / jokes are missed but understand I do know why you are explaining it.

1 Like

Not gonna lie…it’s also been pretty wonderful having one… :wink:
(In a much better mood this morning.)

Shades of gray folks…at least fifty of them or so.

Hope everyone has a much better day today than yesterday.

7 Likes

Where are you posted?
I’m gonna guess.

Lakenheath?

If so, I’m only up the road.
You can have it delivered here if you like.