Discussion of June '17 update

LGBTQA! :+1:

Could be anything! Love is love!

1 Like

Doc Brown tried that, and we all know what happened to him.

2 Likes

Seems to be quite the crowd in the triangle, I am just south of Raleigh, just outside Garner.

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. LOL.

I may have missed this so forgive me if already answered somewhere. What is the start date of this monthly amount? Is it from the first delay? What is the current tally?

No, it dates back to the December Schedule update:

1 Like

Hey I got a response via email!
(Possibly due to my forum post?)

Here it is…
Hi Ember,

We know we let you down, and the team around here is working so hard to get your pre-order to you.

Regarding the purchase referral program, sorry that it wasn’t explained clearly - here is how it works:

If you see someone post a referral link on Facebook, Twitter, etc., you can click that link when you make your Glowforge purchase, and you’ll save $100 off your Glowforge. The person whose link you clicked will get a $100 refund at the time of shipping, provided that you do not cancel your order.

When you make your purchase, you will also receive a referral link to share with friends. Each friend who uses your link will save $100 off their purchase, and you’ll get $100 for each person who purchases using your link. Should the person you referred cancel, of course, it won’t count.

Unfortunately, referral credits cannot be used towards an upgrade at this time.

I hope this helps - please let me know if there’s anything else unclear.

Best,
Danny

3 Likes

Oh well…at least you now have an answer. Sorry it won’t be useful to you. :neutral_face:

(Guess they can’t apply an unknown quantity to an upgrade when the people referred might subsequently cancel their orders.)

Ahh… Thanks Jules. So those expecting delivery in Dec '16 should be getting $100 credit if their Glowforge arrives this month. Got it.

Yes, i believe so. :slight_smile:

Perhaps you can wait until your order is about to ship, up grade to the pro with a bank loan and pray that none of your referrals drop out.

3 Likes

Wow. You’re the first person that calculated correctly. Most other people were putting all of December and June in the equation and calling it $140. We are currently 5 whole months beyond the Dec 31st original ship date for folks that ordered before Oct 26, 2015.

4 Likes

Don’t forget that Jesus was in the tomb for three days! Seems like a long time, but 40 hours adoration was the actually devotion. Not even two full days of 48 hours. No disrespect here, as you all know me, but pointing out the vagaries of calendar counting.

7 Likes

True story. It’s not the end of the world and in the end… this machine for a grand is a steal, so it’s all relative.

4 Likes

That’s actually a pretty good idea… Hmmm… Maybe not even a bank loan just savings and get paid back… my referrals are solid, and I’m not even really sure we need the PRO but the fear of missing out is real lol

1 Like

Actually, I believe if you got your email in June about you GF being ready to ship, and December was when it was supposed to ship, $140 should be correct - at least according to the email I received on December 2nd.

“Finally, you’ve waited a long time for your Glowforge, and we told you it was going to arrive in March. Since it won’t, we’re going to issue you a gift certificate good for either Proofgrade materials or designs in the store. The gift certificate will increase $20 for each month you have to wait, so if your Glowforge is ready in June, it’ll be a $80 gift certificate. If you have to wait longer, it’ll be even bigger.”

So according to my email, March and June would be included. Stands to reason that December would be included along with whatever month it’s ready in.

Sonic screw driver enhanced version.

2 Likes

@dan has recently answered this as Dec 31 and Mar 31 respectively.

Here is Dan’s response to my query.

I guess you could convince me June might be included but not December. If it was delivered on Jan 2nd you wouldn’t get $40 for missing the date by 2 days. Clarification is needed.

I think that @dan should make a separate post in the announcements. I went back to the December shipping post update in the form. This is what is posted in that message:
“Finally, you’ve waited a long time for your Glowforge, and we told you it was going to arrive on schedule. Since it won’t, we’re going to issue you a gift certificate good for either Proofgrade materials or designs in the store. The gift certificate will increase $20 for each month you have to wait past your scheduled delivery of either December or March.”

So that is in line with the answer to your query, but it conflicts with the email the was sent out to my email. If you still have your email from December I’d be interested as to how yours is worded. I suspect that 2 versions went out to email accounts - one for the intial 30 day buyers and one for pre-order buyers.