Discussion of June '17 update

Chuckle! :relaxed: Age has nothing to do with being jaded…I think I hit total jaded at about age 8 when it dawned on me that other people didn’t or couldn’t see things the same way I did. (Even my parents.) So I decided, what the heck - might as well be happy about it. It’s the only life we know for sure we get, and I’d rather not waste emotions and energy on trivia I can’t control.

Must admit though - the puberty years were a bit of a challenge to stay upbeat. (Hormones can really do a number on you. Kind of glad I’m not a guy…testosterone is a real booger-bear.) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

I’m glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Me too! (It was close a couple of times, but I got lucky!) Hormones! :smile:

2 Likes

Doing first day orders for basic and the first Pro shipping request came out today. Did you order early or later in in the first month or later on?

1 Like

According to this post, I should have received an email by now; however the only emails I get are the forum summaries.

1 Like

You can read the email here:

Make sure you have added the addresses below to your whitelist.

hello@glowforge.com
support@glowforge.com
danshapiro@glowforge.com (He sends the emails with the status updates.)

I just ensured that those three email addresses are on my approved / preferred list with my provider.

Could I get this email resent from one of the noted email addresses, so I can confirm that I have things working please.

Well, if @dan sees it, he might resend it to you, but he’s really pretty busy these days, and he might not see it.

Your best bet is to send an email to support@glowforge.com asking them to respond so that you can see that it worked.

But if you whitelisted those, it should be fine. (I’ll tag @Rita as well so she can see what you are wanting to do if she’s checking the forum.)

1 Like

I did as you suggested, still no emails received; just my regular Summaries emails.

You can try again to send an email to support@glowforge.com. If nothing else,you should get an automated response from that.

If you do not, go to the Problems and Support section of the forum and post your concerns in a new topic there. The support team monitors Problems and Support, they don’t monitor everything else after a period of time has passed. :slightly_smiling_face:

Last straw… ByeBye Glowforge… Hello Boss Laser.

You mentioned:
" A $20 gift certificate per month of delay, which we’ll calculate and credit to your account at the time your Glowforge Basic or Pro is ready. This money can be used towards purchases in the Proofgrade store or the Glowforge design catalog."
Does the it applies until we have our full unit aka when we get our pro filter or only until the pro unit is partially delivered aka without the filter?
Since you guys have been changing ETA for our orders, I want to know if you planned on fully hold on that word or if you will save a few months of gift certificates cost that way?
You might think it is corny to ask that way, since I only have been having bad experiences so far, I found it very legitimate in my position to ask… Just making sure we can fully understand what you meant, and are up to regarding us, your customers…

The $20 monthly credit only applies to the Glowforge unit (up to the point you get the “Golden Email” - Would you like your Glowforge).

The filter has not had a bonus/credit offer related to it.

2 Likes

I bought both at the same time and they had the same eta back then… That’s hustling pennies again if it is what it is, One more reason to not appreciate the companies business practices.

1 Like

Ummm, It was stated at the beginning with offering the credits, that it applied only to the Glowforge and that the air filters were going to follow after the delivery of the Glowforge.

They offered the credits as a compensation of the delay. Not to hustle pennies, since it is coming out of the operating funds (not from the pre-order funds from customers). Using round numbers, that comes to $20 x 10,000 per month to $200,00 per month or just about $1.2 million plus since Jan 2017.

Anyone can delay the delivery of their Glowforge (to have both units arrive at the same time), but the credits stop at the time of the “Would you like your Glowforge?” email.

If you have lost faith/trust in Glowforge (and what you are seeing with those who already have theirs), you might need to evaluate if their product is something you want. Something that seems to be a lemon/faulty is a terrible reminder (daily) you would see in your home/business.

I would encourage you to hang in there (because it is really nice), but if the delays and things that have left you lacking are too much, don’t let it be part of your life.

5 Likes

Correct, it’s always been flagged as being post-GF delivery (at least since they first mentioned a delivery projection of any kind for the fileter).

1 Like

The product I have chosen, wanted, and paid for… Not a company’s wording, delays, and penny saving on a product that had options which were supposed to be delivered at the same time, not months later… What do I get for that???

1 Like

I have no issues with you on the fact that their software development is way behind. Not sure what is being “penny saving” on the software (if that is what you are referring to). I have been on the end user debacle of poorly written software that should have been released without all the features “marketed and promoted”. I REALLY do want the pass through software, trace accuracy and precision placement, but I know that it is coming (not soon enough though).

What you will get is a laser that you purchased (with just wear and tear on your psyche, as the rest of us have gone through). Plus $300 of product materials ($150 included with the Glowforge) and continued improvement of software and features without a subscription.

2 Likes

That " penny saving " comment goes for not giving credit on these late delivery months added to have the final product in hand… Software is even not mentioned, I am assuming it will be working when I get it…
$20 bucks credit for every months they are late on the original date we have been sold on getting our product in the first place is what they mentioned, I do not understand why it is based of an email which i did not receive yet and also why it doesn’t include the extra ,months I have to wait to get my filter which was advertised as delivered with my GF, not months after…

1 Like

With as many Kickstarter, Crowdfunded and such products that have been late on delivery, I find very few (outside of Glowforge) that is offering credit that accumulates until delivery. As to when they chose to start the credits, that really is their choice. It is coming out of their operating costs or profits. Glowforge as a company is focusing on the satisfaction of their customers, but ultimately are responsible to the investors (since they are the ones funding the company’s startup costs, employee payroll and non-product expenses). It is only as people agree to the “Would you like your Glowforge?” email that Glowforge transfers funds to manufacture the Glowforge.

I see the rationale on not giving credit of the filter (since it not required to run the Glowforge, but is useless without a Glowforge) which during the pre-order campaign was $750. Would I like to have my filter, Yep!

Not being about to run my Pro anywhere I take it or set it up is very frustrating. My plans are to take it to groups with kids and others who cannot afford one and let them be able to express themselves in a very unique way. I not much into the Maker Faire scene, but there are plenty of groups which would love to experience this.

You are owed what you paid for. Compensation for delays is coming from generosity and maintain good will with their customers.

Edit: changed now to not referring to the filter functionality

5 Likes