Discussion of June '17 update

Time traveler?

4 Likes

I think the correct reference, using Sept 15, 2017, is he joined in when the train had already left the station

2 Likes

Cynd11

Time traveler?

Less a time traveler than a poor typist with questionable editing skills.

:smile:

7 Likes

Dan said something to the effect that some heavy contributors to the forum would get their units earlier than their order date would suggest. I don’t think he ever said the word ‘Regular’. I don’t think he wanted to explain to a ‘borderline’ regular why they didn’t get an early unit.

Also they need to get to 100 units produced/work day pretty soon or they won’t make their schedule. By July 31st they need to be producing more than that. If you get your unit before July 31st expectations would be met. After that, those 100 shipped early units would delay others by at most a day.

1 Like

Now question is if you have ordered the Basic with no Filter in the Crowdfunding, what is the expected delivery date? How many are you really shipping each week? We have been delayed so long. Now to see a few ship and the way it was worded sounds like it all will be pushed back AGAIN. So I have literally nothing to wait for outside the Glowforge. I am trying to figure out when my “current” delivery date would be around. Saying this loosely because this is like the 4th delay by months.

It depends on your order date - support@glowforge.com can tell you.

I thought of this conversation immediately when I saw this. This makes so much more sense lol Now I fit. :slight_smile: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4630930/Xennials-new-generation-born-1977-1983.html

2 Likes

A buddy of mine does a type of package testing using these massive vibration tables. He gets the harmonics going in such a way that things really fall apart in ways totally unexpected, at least to me. I hope to see a video of one of those tests in action. I am guessing that they are usually not too exciting until you see how much the thing costs before it was damaged beyond repair. If he does have a good a example, I will see if he can share it publicly.

4 Likes

@dan the email used in my account details at Glowforge will be the one receiving the hello@glowforge.com?

Correct.

I still haven’t received my shipping email, are we still on track for July? <ed: email removed for privacy>

There has been a shift in the schedule again. If you missed the June email that went out announcing it, you can read about it here:

1 Like

so it will arrive between now and Oct?

October 31: All Basic and Pro orders placed by 10/26/2015 shipped.
November 30: All Basic and Pro orders shipped.

That’s the plan, but you are aware that the schedule has shifted a number of times since the pre-order campaign started. The good news is that Basic units are finally going out the door with the imminent shipments of early Pro units.

3 Likes

Trying not to be a Debbie downer, but a 4 month window after a 2 year wait is not optimal. Especially considering that I bought the Pro version.

2 Likes

I hear ya, but hopefully today we will see the first Pro emails go out!

Ramp up is supposed to be faster for Pro’s too.

1 Like

Agree, the waiting can drive you crazy, and they have been unfortunately optimistic about their scheduling so far.

Hang in there…they are gonna be worth it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Doubt it. (Just being realistic.) I live by the “expect things to go wrong and you won’t be surprised” school of thought. :smile:

7 Likes

I practice this in many aspects of my life but I need to stay positive about something or I’ll just become that angry old veteran that is jaded at life and hates everyone. (not to far from it really)

I’m only 30 BTW

6 Likes

Chuckle! :relaxed: Age has nothing to do with being jaded…I think I hit total jaded at about age 8 when it dawned on me that other people didn’t or couldn’t see things the same way I did. (Even my parents.) So I decided, what the heck - might as well be happy about it. It’s the only life we know for sure we get, and I’d rather not waste emotions and energy on trivia I can’t control.

Must admit though - the puberty years were a bit of a challenge to stay upbeat. (Hormones can really do a number on you. Kind of glad I’m not a guy…testosterone is a real booger-bear.) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

I’m glad you’re here.

2 Likes