Discussion of mid-March 2018 update

Shipping to the Middle East.

Ah. The Canadians have been more vocal. Looks like Europe is pretty much nailed down and getting theirs routinely. The rest of the world not so much.

Hi Dan,

I am one of those International buyers, I was wondering, What if I flew to the states and just picked it up from your office and hand carry it back to my country. Would that be possible?

Lincoln

1 Like

You can have it shipped to the states but no willcall (hand pickup) options are available.

A number of Canuckians did this. Had it shipped to a pickup location in the US and drove it over the border…

The only issue is that if there’s something wrong with it off the bat you’re dealing with that from your end. I would imagine that for those that arrive internationally DOA, the replacement shipping is handled by :GF:. If you take it back to your home country from a pickup in the US and it’s DOA, you’ll be responsible for the shipping.

edit for failing reading and comprehension

I know a South American did this!
Luckily he could chuck it in the 777 he was flying

Probably being a bit pedantic now, but as far as I know it is only EU and Switzerland in Europe receiving shipments.

I think I saw a Norway and an Eastern Europe country recipient noted but you’re right about the bulk of them being the EU countries. I guess there’s some similarity between the import regulations, enough that they could knock a bunch off at the same time.

Nothing for Norway at least, my last forecasted date is june 18th. The last extension I got right before shipping was three months. Three months extension = Glowforge have no clue when they are shipping, repeat ad nauseam.

1 Like

I’m wondering why someone order the Glowforge 2 weeks ago and have it on the way, but my Glowforge ordered 2 YEARS ago and stiil need to wait until July and maybe longer! Is that International customers are second class customer? we pay more and got later!

3 Likes

For the same reason that my order within the very first few hours of the campaign took over two years to get to me, while some were receiving their Basic units 6 months before. The Pro wasn’t ready yet. It’s not about me.

In your case, delivery to your country is not approved yet. Unless you believe that your country is second class to many other countries, not just the U.S.

2 Likes

Still don’t excuse the lack of communication or how Glowforge has dealt with the delays. I can understand the need to vent on the issue.

2 Likes

It’s been a month since I had my last unexplained radical schedule change on the air filter; when can I expect the next update?

I was wondering about the update myself, but as regards the air filter my date has not moved in quite a while (after three one-month bumps): May 6. I ordered one of the first Pros, so presumably I have one of the first filter dates. I’m in the US.

1 Like

Nearly a month of silence of update means it is a sign for the next long delay again.

2 Likes

@dan seriously, was hoping for an April update telling us the filters are ready!.. where are you guys at on those?

1 Like

We should get extensions on warranties to start when filters arrive. I haven’t used much because the lack of filter.

Nothing else to share on the filter - we’ll keep the dates on your status page current with our best available information.

Closing this thread since the new update is up!

1 Like