Discussion of November update

Discussion of the November 2021 update!

13 Likes

Hey, you didn’t post so late this time! Wow, that’s a fun update. If you want to ship a glowforge and some proofgrade material to Thailand for test shipping, I’m now here to receive those :wink:

17 Likes

I’m jealous! Thailand was our last family trip before covid.

That’s three generations of Shapiros learning to make noodles. (My mom’s an amazing cook; it’s her mom that invented eggshell pie).

24 Likes

Thailand is a great country! = how did the kids deal with a 12 hr flight to japan, and then a 6 hour flight to Bangkok??

Happy thanksgiving from the Geek Family!

13 Likes

The UK local thing is huge! I’m sure the folks there will be very happy about this. I hope other countries follow soon.

8 Likes

Reasonable costs on shipping is a huge difference, being able to get parts quickly and without a $100 shipping fee is brilliant.

I appreciate having access to proofgrade at a reasonable cost - not sure if I’ll use it yet, I’ve never ventured into PF realms before because of cost of shipping.

7 Likes

I sure hope Canada is somewhere on your list for a distribution center.

6 Likes

Congratulations to UK users and Glowforge for this expansion.

2 Likes

Love the update but is there a reason we cannot download catalogue items to change things like font or wording? Since the software does not allow the welding of shapes it would be really helpful to be able to download these patterns and personalize them also PLEASE CAN WE HAVE WELD SHAPES?

2 Likes

I believe you can personalize the catalog items with regard to font and wording. Which designs are you talking about?

3 Likes

You were the only person who came to mind, though I’m sure I know a few others, when Dan mentioned the UK. Happy for you, hopefully this has a positive impact on your Glowforge use!

7 Likes

Nice looking family!
:clap:t5: :clap:t5: :clap:t5: on the updates and UK distribution!

2 Likes

I am able to edit design files just fine without downloading them. You just have to edit them in the app. For example, I added dogs to the acrylic window of this design file:

With the group and unground you should be able to remove unwanted items and upload replacements for the most part. Do you have a specific example where the only option was to export? Also, the text function already has a welding effect inline with itself.

11 Likes

Your son looks JUST like you! What a great photo.

4 Likes

I think the OP was really wanting to be able to weld text…because otherwise, you’re right on…any other editing can be done right in the UI.

2 Likes

I love looking at family features and traits that are passed down. Three generations of the same eyes!

I didn’t know my father growing up. I met him a few years ago. It was pretty wild to finally see and understand who I looked so much like.

9 Likes

We’re going global!

I had to read this over three times to convince myself it didn’t say “We’re going Glowbal!”

7 Likes

Maybe that’s what it should say! A little too cutesy, though. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Same mouths, too.

We connected through Seoul, but - they live for it. They want the longest plane-flight vacations possible. That’s because airplanes are the only place they get unlimited video game time…

Added to the hopper!

This is brilliant!

7 Likes