Discussion of October 2021 Update

Tbf, most companies mix their business with their beliefs. I’d even argue all do as humans can’t not do so. Some more so than others. Many even do so to take advantage of certain political climates and reap profits from idealogical groups and situations. One could even argue that unless a company holds a stance before a being prompted, that promoting or participation in a political movement is at best simple dollar chasing, at worst exploitative of a movement.

2 Likes

It’s the stealing of religious artifacts that really crosses the line for many - since it comes from a company that uses an excuse of firmly held religious beliefs in order to practice bigotry.

5 Likes

what artifacts were stolen?

I was addressing the points presented.

Type in this simple search to Google: hobby lobby pilfers artifacts

2 Likes

“We’re running a special sale - for Premium members only. Every Premium members is getting a one-time 20% off coupon that works on all regular priced Proofgrade materials. It’s just the ticket to stock up on materials before the holidays.”

Where do I look for this coupon?

3 Likes

Either in your account or at checkout you should get an option.

2 Likes

Is there a coupon code for members to purchase proofgrade at 20% off? I thought the email announcement said the sale only ran until October 7th but here it says all month long. Can someone clarify?

I think it’s a one time 20% off coupon for regularly priced materials for premium members, but the leather is on sale at 50% off for everyone. And it looks like 35% off on select thick acrylic on the site.

So I’m confused too. (But I do need to pick up some draftboard, so thanks for the reminder.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

(Just placed an order, but no coupon popped up anywhere that I could see, so I’m not sure what’s going on. They might need to update it individually.)

I received mine via email on Oct 1, subject “ October’s new Premium features + designs”

1 Like

The plot thickens…I likely just missed it.

It’s a long email and the personal code is in the middle-ish.

4 Likes

Yep, just went back looking for it, found it, and it was good for 1 week. So already outside of the window. (Too bad, next time I’ll read it a little more carefully.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s correct. I just read my mail again. There was really a discount code. Of course, I also missed the period. Damn.

1 Like

I was excited by the announcement for Michaels to carry Proofgrade and save those shipping charges…but I messaged them and they told me there are no plans to have it in Canada.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.