Discussion of the Jan 2019 Update

One thing that comes to mind is if the fan is getting extra help, it may not show an alert. The only way I can see to fix something like that is to not use the exhaust fan till the project starts.

This is a software switch and strictly on/off for Glowforge exhaust fan, or more elaborate control than that? Ideally, would also like to turn on/off external fume extraction unit via software. Is there an interface option (wired connection) possible with the Pro (e.g. Bulgin, XLR, D-type, Lumberg, or other)?

When the software switch is set, a much lower exhaust/intake speed setting is used while printing, which is optimized for compatibility with the CF. There’s no wired controller on the Pro, although per CDRH regulations the rear interlock does allow you to add a switch that disables the Pro (intended for a door switch in a laser room).

2 Likes

Will there be an option to turn the fans down for lighter material? If cutting a piece of paper or something thin and light, the fans blow the material around and they overlap each other ruining some pieces.

i think a better solution for that is something like a seklema mat, or some repositionable spray adhesive on a board.

if you turn the fans down, you increase the chance for flare ups.

3 Likes

I’m using that same fan as an exhaust boost. I haven’t noticed any detrimental affects to the glowforge, certainly no error messages. (Mine is about 16’ down the pipe.) However, the electrical junction box does not seal with the fan housing, so I had to disassemble it and create some rings to prevent exhaust gasses from escaping into the room. Also, it says 200 ft^3/min and the glowforge says 200 ft^3/min, but the glowforge moves more air – which has been a problem. I would not buy this blower a second time. I suggest one with a higher rating. HTH

1 Like

Good update, congratulations on being editors choice, I love my Glowforge. Any update on International customers being able to use the shop to buy proofgrade material? Gotta ton of vouchers and can’t use them? Thanks.

1 Like

延遲了四年的Glowforge都不發貨
我有什麼立場推薦朋友買機器
只會換來嘲笑吧

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.