Discussion of the May '17 Update

Yep!

6 Likes

Naw, manā€¦I just hate mineā€¦canā€™t seem to do a thing with itā€¦ :wink:
(Lying, of course.)

15 Likes

Yeah. Donā€™t bother taking my PRU back. Iā€™m unhappy with it because itā€™s dirty inside.

16 Likes

If you send it to me, Iā€™ll thoroughly clean it, and Iā€™ll even include a free comprehensive QA test to ensure I havenā€™t broken anything in the process. I promise I wonā€™t return it to you until Iā€™m 100% satisfied with my work.

18 Likes

Whereā€™s that sarcasm emoji when ya need it???

5 Likes

Iā€™m surprised that no one has commented on the Pro unit in the GF video. I thought originally (at the start of the video) it was a reflection from the glass table but at 2:28 that looks like the whole machine and not a reflection of the main unit.

3 Likes

We do need oneā€¦ :smile:

2 Likes

Sad to say, I didnā€™t notice. Will have to watch it again later.

1 Like

I donā€™t even want one. Iā€™m only here for the free beer. :beers:

6 Likes

Well, I forgot to mention the part related to ā€œunable to produce same quality in bulk, yetā€, but it follows the same lines. Ramping up individual unit quality to mass production.

1 Like

I just got around to watching it today :smile:

1 Like

Other than I am waiting on a pro, yes, Iā€™m totally happy with build quality and the sw gets better all the time.

1 Like

I had to go watch it again. Thereā€™s definitely a filter down there, but is there a Pro unit somewheres too?

######In addition to that monitor, I used to have a very similar web cam as Dan as well.

1 Like

Filter at 0:05/00:48, same as at the end.

It seems to be still a basic unit with filter.

It lacks the pass through slot shown on the Pro image from the :glowforge: website.

6 Likes

All correct. It looks like we both watched the same video.

Yep. Sorry. That was what I saw. With so many ā€œwhere are the Prosā€ and ā€œwhere are the filtersā€ I jumped the gun :smile:

But it does seem to show an operational filter unit.

1 Like

Looks like. That is also very encouraging. Things are coming together.

1 Like

There are a few places this can be an issue. If you make a pin bed and want to engrave and cut, the cut pieces will fall down to the bottom before you can engrave. Sometimes on thin acrylics its also important to engrave before cutting to prevent warping.

Fortunately its pretty easy to change the job order. You just have to remember to do it. In the future if there is a preferences section, I would love to see an option to always put engraves before cuts. It would also be cool if the job type icons on the job list were a bit more obvious of what they were based on type. Cuts red, engraves blue, or have a big icon for each that is discernible from a glance

6 Likes

Iā€™m 90% sure this wonā€™t ship on time againā€¦ I know I donā€™t participate much but Iā€™m reading almost daily.

Iā€™m running out of excuses on why not to cancel my order.

If we count the issues from March that had been worked on in April we still have a handful of bugs to solve. Then to assemble 100ā€™s of GFā€™s in two months seems very tight to me.

Letā€™s say they donā€™t ship this July. How many more are going to jump ship and if so how long for a refund to appearā€¦ has anyone confirmed the refund process and timeline?

Donā€™t get me wrong here Iā€™m just expressing my thoughts.

I want this now, Iā€™m the least ready skills wise but I want this machine to challenge me and and push me to outperform its capabilities.

Thatā€™s all I have right now.

1 Like

Great suggestion for the hopper!

7 Likes