Discussion of the November Update

It’s good news for me…meaning international orders will be sooner than expected and with improved packaging for international shipping as I wouldn’t like the thought of having to send the unit back for replacement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the upbeat message @dan. It’s great to hear about the GlowForges getting out the door but also about your success. We are all anxious to get our forces but we are also invested in your company’s success so you can continue to grow the GF product line, capabilities, and for support. It must also feel great to get that hard earned cash. These days as I wait for my actual UPS shipping notification, that I manage to slip, “My GlowForge will be here soon”, into every conversation. :wink:. Again it’s so great to have such positive news.

3 Likes

Great news! Congrats to the Glowforge team for all their hard work! Excited to try out some of the new settings. . .

1 Like

Hi there:

Congrats on the schedule victories, it’s very exciting to see! I did have a clarification RE: shipping on crowd funded pro units. I had originally agreed to wait on my unit until the air filter was ready to ship, but that was before there were manufacturing delays in the air filters. Looking at my profile page, I have two dates for shipping…Dec 6 for my pro unit and May 20 for my air filter. I assume the old preference to “wait until the air filter” has been disregarded since the air filter manufacturing delays? If that’s not the case, given the delays, I’d rather use the unit in the interim with a window vent :wink:

If my ship date is December 6, when should I keep an eye open for the various e-mails RE: materials and verifying my address? I’ve been hearing the emails hit about 3-weeks before shipping, but haven’t seen anything since the Oct 12 e-mail.

Again, thanks for continuing to push for us, I cannot wait to get my unit!

2 Likes

Excellent news! The wait has been long (too long when the product is this exciting) but I recently got mine and the build quality, look and feel and performance has been spot on. I think that as more and more units get out there it will be clear that the ol 'Forge is a winner.

3 Likes

Ahead of schedule? Consider the phrasing, you are terminally late for all those who got a refund and when I checked my date it actually moved back again since your last update.

The delivery date was December 2015, you are currently scheduled to be 29 months late for me.

8 Likes

I believe the first date listed is your shipping notification date, that is, on Dec 6 you should get an email asking for your shipping address. Once you supply it, it can be up to 6 weeks before you receive the unit (although currently it is averaging about 3 weeks).

If you have a specific question regarding your earlier decision to wait and how it affects your shipping date, you should either email support@glowforge.com or post a new question in the Problems and Support category, which is the official location for questions to be answered by Support (they won’t see it here).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I just posted my question there. :blush:

My eta went from April to January. I changed my address to the USA so that may have influenced it but I’m excited to see the progress.

11 Likes

Nice update.

I like the Friday celebrations. We always seem to focus on the problems and not on celebrating the successes when we’re in project mode. Having the time-out for a high-five session is huge in keeping the team motivated :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, I have seen my own shipping date inching closer and closer. Great news to hear that was not an aberration. The twins are very excited!

22 Likes

Hello GF team and community!

Great news for all, though I would love to have more insight why the international shipment is so much behind the domestic shipping even though we were much earlier in line than most domestic people receiving theirs already. I really don’t want to sound nagging like a kid in the playground, I just love insight and reason.

Yes I know setting up international shipping takes more time, but it’s not rocketscience. If the legal test are approved in the country of future use than what’s holding the shipment back? CAUSE I’M READY :wink:

Will international shipment commence only when all international countries are GO? Or will the shipment just start to whatever country comes first in the order list?

Like @dan said:
We’re moving forward on both international shipping and air filter projects. Both of these have bigger variability - we’re trying to bring them in, but there’s risk that they could slip out.

WHY…why are international orders at risk to slip out, are there any hardware changes needed for local legislation? Do you need different packaging, still hard negotiation with the carriers for the fees or do we need the perfect humidity combined with the solstice on Mars?

Again, not mad, just anxious and a tiny bit paranoid when reading Dan’s above pasted quote.

Let’s end it with a hapy note, all you people here in the forum with you ideas, questions, products made on the GF and the general mood…THANK YOU! You make the wait easier on us!

Greetings from the far far away land of The Netherlands!

Elwin

10 Likes

Dan said last month that the latter is the case - as a country is ready to ship, those orders will ship. They’re not waiting for all countries to be a “go” before they ship to the first one.

2 Likes

I think the biggie is that the certifications aren’t in place for everywhere yet. So that’s a large part of the waiting game. Beyond that, since the GF is manufactured in the US, it is domestic shipping so the government doesn’t have to get involved. As soon as it crosses borders, customs gets involved. And well, you know what customs can be like…

2 Likes

I can verify that their production schedule is going faster than they anticipated. My estimated “shipping” email schedule date moved from 12/4 to 11/27 to 11/21 to 11/14. YES, I got my email and said ship NOW. The clock is ticking until it arrives at my door. My order date was 10/18/2015. Thanks to the Glowforge team for all of your hard work and dedication.

11 Likes

It’s real good hearing thing are heading in the right direction :+1:

And I sure hope my estimated shipping date get updated in the preferred direction any time soon :wink:

One thing that’s been on my mind lately which I think really blows, though not completely unexpected is that I’m pretty sure looking at the US shipping schedule that post campaign US based people will get their glowforge well before for example me. I live in Norway and my current date is February 8 :unamused: and I ordered mine on October 1, 2015.

3 Likes

Glad building machines is going faster. Unfortunately I’m sending back my second damaged machine today for replacement. …did I just earn a “wet blanket” badge?

8 Likes

Only one looks excited. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“ahead of schedule”? Is that supposed to be a joke?

12 Likes

Actually, my daughter (the one on the right) had given me a thumbs up when I broke the news to them, but I was too slow to snap the picture before she lowered her thumb back down.