Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

Heres hoping for a strong Canadian dollar on shipping day! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ha! Although I’d rather have had the strong dollar when I spent the $1990 to start with, and settled with a weak dollar when it came to sorting out the 5% taxes :grin:

1 Like

I admit the reason I bought when I did was because I was worried the dollar would go lower than what it was. It was falling fast around then.

1 Like

Yep, same here. I delayed my purchase while I was figuring out which way the trade winds were blowing.

As long as we get our shipping notification before a certain someone tears up NAFTA :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for the great suggestions, Joe! I’m going to try and get the right folks to look at these, but for future reference, if each of these was a separate Problems & Support post, they’d each be guaranteed to get to the right home - something that doesn’t always happen to suggestions & questions buried in reply threads.

Great to know!

Unfortunately publishing compliance activity publicly is the sort of thing that makes our friendly neighborhood lawyer walk away laughing saying, “good one, you crack me up”. You’ll never guess how I know this.

We don’t have a way for you to convert from one-time to forever yet, if I remember correctly.

10 Likes

There would be no incentive for purchasing forever if you did. That just turns it into $X each with a cap of $Y, which is a valid but different model.

6 Likes

Rent to own! =)

2 Likes

The current shipping day/progress is exactly what we wanted… big thank you to you and your team!

I will stop complaining now!

11 Likes

Bookmarked, just in case. :wink:

10 Likes

Really fantastic news on all fronts, Dan!
Excited about the myriad of possibilities with the Design Catalog.

Thanks to you and the team for coming up with a way for us to tangibly view the progress of our orders arrival. Today it finally feels real that a GForge is being born that will be my very own.

1 Like

Is this is because their heads go side-to-side?

4 Likes

hmm… I should rephrase that as, “I will stop complaining about the shipping status” I guess!

9 Likes

Is it my imagination that now the referral bar lists who I referred, and is less than it used to be? I had more referrals, but no notice that they cancelled. I have reviewed it less than a month ago and that bar was filled more.

I’m also in the same boat that shows I’m already an owner of one design, but not all the designs shown in the video, please provide fix.

I have uploaded dozens of designs to my profile, but haven’t determined how to sort, rearrange, or organize other than to delete and re-upload, which isn’t feasible every time I want to sort. Please upgrade this.

5 Likes

Thanks @dan, there’s a lot of info in that update! It’s great to have some idea where shipping is at and that international shipping should start “shortly” :slight_smile:

Holy cow that’s good.

There’s no notification of cancellations. These changes might reflect active status - I’m not sure. @rita?

Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

I hear you. Nobody believes that I actually bought a laser-cutter two years ago. By now I’m used to be maken fun of.
But like you, I’m also a not US backer, so for us nothing changed with this update. We can still get it next week, half november or never… I’m a fourth day backer so it would have been great if I lived in the US. My greatest worry is that Trump does something (more) stupid that makes it impossible to ship the unit, before they start shipping.

12 Likes

Same problem and thoughts here… but i’m a 30th day baker. I hope to receive my GF before next year.
It’s a bit frustrating read so few news for international users.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update… Can’t wait for the email.

Nearly 2 years since I bought mine, so I figured I might as well make my first comment ever. :smile:

Now that we are getting closer, is there a place we can see what proof grade materials are available, and what the costs are?

Is there a recommended list software for creating your designs to work with the Glowforge? Reading the forum for a long time now, I have saved a list of software everyone is using, but I don’t know the software well enough yet to know which works better than others.

Will the air filters be shipped out all at once, or will it be a phased approach for the shipment of them?

Is there any chance the air filters will be ready early? (I know that’s a crazy question)

Living near Miami, I’m likely one of the further US based customers you have. If I keep the Glowforge in my garage until I have the air filter, will humidity affect it?

Since I can’t see the catalog yet, how many designs are in it, and do you have a rough idea on how many designs will be in it by the end of the year?

Is there a good place to find the maximum thickness that the Glowforge will cut through on a single pass? I read that 1/4" acrylic could be cut through, but does that mean 1/4 wood can be too, or does different material have different thickness ability?

Is a Glowforge owner conference going to be scheduled for 2018? :slight_smile:

Jared

7 Likes