Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

So from now on they will all take less than 39 days? Will the emails still say six weeks.

1 Like

The shipping schedule has not been updated in two weeks. The schedule was updating every 2-3 days between 8/29 (day 1 of the campaign) and 9/8 (day 9 of the campaign). What suddenly caused such a drastic delay? When can we expect things to pick up again?

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid we donā€™t share shipping details or forecasts other than our scheduled deliver-by date.

Dan, If there has been a major setback, please keep the community up to date. It is unfair to keep us in the dark when many of us, like you, have businesses depending on the schedule you provide. I have sent numerous emails to your team over the past two weeks all of which have been ignored. I realize it may be troubling to have the GF community constantly asking questions, but it is equally troubling to us to have nothing to show for two years of waiting and be ignored when we ask questions.

6 Likes

I have been patient, hardly posting my concerns in the forum over the past two years. I never claimed to be expecting a different response, but I think I deserve the right to mildly express my dissatisfaction, at least once.

3 Likes

This response is completely unacceptable. There has been a DRASTIC die off of shipments since early this month. It may not have dawned on you guys, but it turns out, we ended up being unwitting INVESTORS of your company two years ago, when we thought we were going to be customers. HUGE difference bud.

If there is a problem, and Iā€™m not getting my Glowforge before October 31st like I was PROMISED, I donā€™t expect to find out October 30th like all the last minute failures weā€™ve had to endure over the past TWO YEARS. Thatā€™s simply unacceptable.

3 Likes

And then what?

If itā€™s unacceptable and it happens, then what will you do? Cancel? You canā€™t sue (well technically you can sue anyone for anything but based on your agreement to the terms of sale you wonā€™t prevail).

So after all the sound and fury we all have two choices - wait it out or cancel.

Iā€™m only pointing this out because people use words like unacceptable when for most it means ā€œit will make me unhappyā€. If it were truly unacceptable, weā€™d cancel. Since weā€™ve hung in so far, itā€™s been acceptable at least until now.

14 Likes

Iā€™m hoping this most recent slowdown in deliveries is because Flex has started to bring multiple production lines to bear on Production. They arenā€™t going to be hand-built on one or two production lines forever. I find it probable that they have been practicing the processes on one or two production lines, and are now scaling, training, calibrating and testing. This would have the effect of having them in our hands by 31 Oct.
Flex doesnā€™t want to be producing Glowforges on a single line forever, they need to clear the space for new clients.

6 Likes

Iā€™m curious ā€“ Iā€™m reading a lot about a slowdown in deliveries ā€“ what is that based on? Am I missing some information from GF that provides the number of units shipped each day, each week? The only thing I have seen is the banner at the top of the page, and since we have no idea how many units were ordered each day, we have no idea how many are being shippedā€¦

4 Likes

Maybe a school or business got a big delivery. Maybe there are renegotiating with UPS to get damage down. Then again, Iā€™m a glass half full kind of guy.

10 Likes

Me too :grinning:

2 Likes

The slowdown mentioned by many forum users is based on the frequency of ā€œGolden Ticketā€ and ā€œI got Mineā€ emails. Put that with the snails pace on the official shipping announcement (which you may have dismissed, or it would be a forum banner for you) that is unchanged, but is ā€œup to dateā€. It could of course, be explained by other things, but I tend to call a Duck a Duck, when it looks and acts like one.

2 Likes

So ā€“ it really is based only on conjecture?

I mean, we have no idea how many of any unit was ordered on any given day, so they could have been shipping hundreds or thousands of units and we would have no idea. Forum notices of having received a GF or an email about a GF canā€™t actually be used as any sort of reliable measure (only a fraction of all buyers are forum members, and not all of them disclose when they get their email or their GF), and not knowing how many Pros were ordered on Day 1, or basics on Days1-9, means we couldnā€™t possibly know how many have shipped/are shippingā€¦

6 Likes

Me too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Has our team taken more than 3 business days to get back to you when you emailed? If so, Iā€™m terribly sorry. Please let me know so we can fix that right away; it means something has gone terribly wrong.

1 Like

That is correct. Also, they may have recalled all the Glowforges theyā€™ve already shipped and are now restarting at square one.

3 Likes

Same problem here.
I wrote two emails: the first one have been replied, the second one have been ignored.
The support email was like ā€œwe are sorry, we are sorry, we are sorryā€ spiced with lots of useless words.
We are asking for infos and support replies with something that is comparable to a white sheet.

Todayā€™s winner of the Internet is @rand! :cherries::volcano::confetti_ball::fireworks::tada:

7 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s conjecture at this point, there is plenty of evidence there has been a slowdown, and in my opinion, (this may differ from others) it is enough evidence to come to a conclusion.

Hard evidence? We have that too. The vast majority of us donā€™t have our Glowforges in-hand. Iā€™m a preorder Oct 15 purchase.

4 Likes

LOL!!! :joy:

1 Like