Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

Exactly, we talk about business…I try to be patient but i need a solution this year, not in 2018…maybe…

I’m sorry to be negative May but we’ll never receive our GF in 2017.

I think so, unfortunately…

Where I am very disappointed is that I contacted the support the day before my order.
And I have been assured that the deadlines will not move (again). The day after my order, delay deferred by 3 months, they already knew and did not say anything.
I replied again and no response at all, never.

Embarking on a very ambitious project is one thing. Staying transparent is something else.

in August, the schedule was very transparent and now again, no news … until the october updates.
Which will surely announce a new delay :frowning:

3 Likes

Does it seem that they have been stuck on “day 9” for a couple of weeks?

If you hover your cursor over the tiny pencil of Dan’s post, it will show the timestamp of the last it was edited to add information.

1 Like

Wow Sept 8th. Longer ago than I thought. Coincidentally that is the last day a big number of emails went out.

A simple “let me introduce myself so I can sow doubt and despair on this thread” would have sufficed.

5 Likes

Perhaps you’re right because it worked for me just reading as your quote, which it was. Though, I think it isn’t correct since I appreciated the humorous observation of the coincidence which is missing from your quote.

1 Like

I think there’s still some explanations for the lack of updates and slowing announcements of receipt on twitter and here on the forum that allow for Glowforge to meet the official published schedule though. I wouldn’t recommend counting on it if you need your laser for anything, but I admit it is still possible.

You’re right. I should have just not answered the question. But I’m fairly certain my response was more neutral than the next.

yes that does seem like there has been a bit of a pause, so we better all get on Amazon and order another bottle of Paul’s Patented Patience Pills. :wink:

4 Likes

Huh. My search for Paul’s Patented Patience Pills on Amazon gave me 0 results, but Amazon suggested I might be interested in L-Theanine. I have no idea what that is, but maybe it would help? https://smile.amazon.com/L-Theanine-Suntheanine-Stress-Anxiety-Supplement/dp/B00QKXZKQ0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1506450807&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=paul’s+patented+patience+pills

2 Likes

Hmmm… Maybe it’d be better if I get it from just drinking green tea.

1 Like

Crud. I bought Peter’s. Think they will still work?

1 Like

I sold my anxiety pills to pay for the Glowforge. Argh!

5 Likes

Whilst I totally agree with you dude, you have to admit that the only reason the ‘weekly’ banner update went up there was to address community feedback i.e. collectively voiced dissatisfaction. So, if we keep whinging then perhaps GF will keep adjusting it’s policy until we get something both parties can live with.

…only one way to find out though hehe.

1 Like

Lol funny that, I love the Kiwis but after a month over there the sheer positivity was exhausting. I got to Auz and your collective ‘what do you want, a medal’ attitude was wonderful; just like being home!

I totally agree with you here. I know that Dan’s beens playing the game well in order to keep the number of deserters to a minimum but with every deception and every failed promise it’s my trust they’re losing and that impacts bigger calculations for me: can I trust that they won’t just say ‘actually, no tube replacement kits afterall, sorry’?

Also, if it arrives damaged, can I trust that enough effort goes into shipping it back to me on the right code to avoid getting hit with a second VAT bill like my business does every time we deal with US businesses who screw the paperwork up?

1 Like

But, you don’t need them, you already have a Glowforge. No need to worry about this year or next.

2 Likes

Please forward me the email that was not responded to (danshapiro@glowforge.com) and I will follow up - that should never happen.

6 Likes

I ordered quite late on the first day for a Pro and just received my email 2 hours ago. Expect the Pro counter to tick over to Day 2 shortly…

14 Likes