Disney Themed Edge Lit Polyhedral

I haven’t posted my creations for a while, but thought this one was a bit different. I used the same method as with my other polyhedrals and used 3D printed connectors on the inside. However, this one is unique because each octagon face is edge lit by an LED standoff. So, in the daylight, there is a pop of color on each of the octogon faces. At night when lit, it glows green! This piece was made as a birthday gift for a Disney enthusiast. Made with :proofgrade: walnut, maple and different colored acrylic. This morphed dual shape is about 17.4% between a Truncated Cube and a Triakisoctahedron, according to Stella4D.

65 Likes

This is amazing!! Great Job!

3 Likes

My head just exploded! Seriously though this is gorgeous, I didn’t think it could get any cooler until I saw it glowing green. WOW! :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

4 Likes

This is just spectacular!

3 Likes

Oooooh! That’s lit! :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Oooooo pretty.

2 Likes

You have outdone yourself. This is fantastic.

3 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Oh wow!! I love the reflection on the walls when it’s lit up! Spectacular!!

2 Likes

This is just unbelievable, great job!

2 Likes

Wow, amazing!

1 Like

Very cool! That looks amazing, not sure i can fathom how to begin something like this. Very well done.

1 Like

It’s gorgeous! To me it looks like one of the very cool virtual objects you are supposed to try and open in the iOS adventure game “The Room.”

2 Likes

Do you ever sell your designs for those of us that would like to make one of these amazing pieces?

2 Likes

I sell the design files for the 3D printed parts and faces, but they do not contain any artwork. This one is not available yet, but will be eventually

3 Likes