Display stands for Mini Museums

Made some display stands for my Mini Museum collection, very obviously based on the official stands. Mix of 6mm and 3mm acrylic.

The recessed base and backplate are one piece, the recessed top cap “locks” the backplate and MM together. Pretty sturdy.

Kinda bummed that all the Museums are a different size. To save curse words, I ended up making a one-size-fits-all design to meet the largest dimensions, so some have a bit of slop. May choose to custom-fit and bottom-light the next set, once this novelty wears off. :wink:

30 Likes

Those are terrific!

4 Likes

Mini museum? Are there objects in there? Tell me more! And more pics.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Interesting! I’d never heard of them. Makes me want to dig out my old fossil collection and do some resin casting.

3 Likes

we have the original mini museum. my wife likes it (an xmas present for a nearly impossible woman to shop for), but didn’t love it enough for me to continue to buy them.

6 Likes

Now why didn’t I think of that! We gave the original one to my impossible to buy for Father in Law and more recently we bought version #3 for ourselves because we didn’t want to be left out owning something so cool!

2 Likes

Aww man, I’ve always wanted one of these and now I’m even more inclined to purchase. Nice work!

2 Likes

They look great!

1 Like

These are amazing! Love the simple yet beautiful stands for the awesome (I assume resin?) pieces!

2 Likes