DIY Christmas Tree

Lots of DIY requests and I thought wouldn’t it be fun to make a mini Christmas tree the kids (and adults :wink:) could decorate. I’m working on painting this one will post pictures when finished - the holes on the side are to run ribbon through. :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

This project would be great with chipboard.

After the Thanksgiving meal when the adults want to take a nap — the kids can stay busy designing their own personal tree.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see your finished item instead of an Etsy listing :sweat_smile: Different forums have different norms, and the Glowforge one tends toward showing off your cool make and wither having a shop link in your profile, or adding a subtle link to the bottom of the post after you write a bit about it.

I really love the idea of letting people finish an item themselves to tap into the IKEA effect. That is why I made the Snowflake Stitch Ornaments that are listed in the Glowforge catalog. It is so neat to see what people come up with that you would have never thought of!

Have you thought about adding loops on the ornaments so they can be tied onto the tree? Or a base so that it can stand upright on a mantle or dinner table when done?

Looking forward to seeing your finished tree!

5 Likes