Diy color changing acrylic plexiglass | craft fanatic

I LEARNED A LOT FROM THIS FORUM, SO TODAY I LEARNED SOMETHING THAT I WANTED TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE HERE. ON HOW I MADE MY OWN COLOR CHANGING ACRYLIC.

THIS HOLOGRAPHIC FILM IS AMAZING, IT’S MADE WITH LASER SAFE MATERIAL
PET
Polyester vs. Polyethylene

I HAVE A YOUTUBE TUTORIAL ON THE PROCESS OF DOING THIS PRETTY COOL COLORFUL AFFECT
MY LINK: https://youtu.be/zc4cULawqXU

I FOUND THE FILM ON AMAZON IT’S CALLED: HOLOGRAPH CLEAR WINDOW FILM

HERE YOU’LL FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE FILM

34 Likes

Very nice innovation! Thanks for showing us.

5 Likes

This looks amazing nicely done :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

Thank you

You’re very welcome and thank you

Thanks for the inspiration! That is a great technique. Straightforward with very nice outcomes! Great job!

3 Likes

Very cool, and that window film comes in a bunch of shades…wonder if they’re all polyester!

4 Likes

This turned out very cool! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Lots of stuff is called HTV (heat transfer vinyl) and hence a Glowforge killer. However, with that caveat, I am thinking of lots of other techniques if someone has tried them. If the material is put on the back of the Acrylic will it still reflect through the acrylic? Can it be put on wood? Will wood glue to the front of it?

Even after all the glowforging is done could the HTV be ironed to the wood and cut out by hand? There are a lot of interesting color tricks there that could use some exploring.

1 Like

A lot of stuff that’s called “HTV” is not actually vinyl and does not contain pvc. Most is polyester or polyurethane.
Always check with the individual manufacturer to be safe, but remember that it is the “Chloride” in Polyvinyl Chloride that we need to be concerned about, not the “polyvinyl”.

7 Likes

Some says HTV, others have in parens Heat Transfer Vinyl and still others just call it Plastic. For myself, I would not risk any that did not specify that they were not vinyl or not PVC as it would take only one to be wrong and you do not even have a nice desk sculpture.

1 Like

Thank you for this. will cut down assembly time much faster.

1 Like

Nice share, but why all the shouting?

3 Likes

Product names and material names don’t always line up. It’s annoying.

For example the self-adhesive “Contact Paper” found at home improvement stores is not made from paper… that stuff is made from PVC.

2 Likes

Love seeing the colors on the shadows. Looks great!

2 Likes

Thank you for the share of information!

1 Like