Dog ID badge - first project

I just got my glowforge a little more than a week ago and have mostly just been messing around with it so far. I needed a good first project and then my office building just decided to allow dogs starting Monday. So, my pupper needs an ID badge. :smiley:

I measured my badge with a caliper, made a duplicate in inkscape, then shrank it to 50% by area. Cut the badge and etched (small inset where the sticker goes) out of acrylic (similar color, just in case of chips), sanded it, painted it with matching color, mocked up and printed the front on vinyl sticker, then lasered that, topped with matte clear coat and added a lanyard I trimmed up. He should be all ready for his first day now. :grin:

41 Likes

He wears it well.

6 Likes

Love the results!
(One caution though, don’t do any vinyl in the laser unless you are sure it is a laser-safe vinyl …use a digital cutter for everything else.)

6 Likes

They look great! But I am wondering why the dog is wearing a picture of the dog? They can look at the dog and know what he looks like. but if the tags were reversed , then they would know which dog went with which person :grin:

10 Likes

This^.
Hey, great work! What a fine looking animal. He’s going to have a whole new circle of friends after this. both K9 and human.
Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your creativity. Nothing like being able to manifest an idea so easily.

3 Likes

Fantastic first project! But ya I’d probably switch and wear the opposite pictures. :grin:

2 Likes

Does his badge allow him access to the floor/suite after he goes out to take care of business?

Otherwise, you know, that would be speciesism…

3 Likes

The big one is my actual ID badge. I would make me another one with his picture but I need it to open doors and stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good to know on the vinyl. I knew about standard PVC/PVB but didn’t even consider the sticker form. Luckily it was only 5 seconds of cutting so hopefully shouldn’t have been too bad. I have an old cricut I’ve normally used, it just sucks.

2 Likes

Sadly, I did not embed an RFID. :confused:. He’ll just have to hang out with me.

3 Likes

Beautiful dog. How fortunate he can now accompany you to work.

1 Like

How cool that he can come to work with you! Great job on the badge!

1 Like

I love this! Doggo looks so proud of his badge too!

3 Likes