Dolly Parton Inspired Butterfly Glasses

Got inspired by this picture of Dolly Parton in butterfly glasses and decided to recreate them. The design itself is so simple but finding the right hinges and getting the hole placement correctly for the screws made the process a lot harder.

53 Likes

I beg your Parton, these are awesome!!! Great design!!

25 Likes

This was such a cute reply :joy: thank you!

12 Likes

Wow, stunning! Had you ever seen an original set? Or did you have only the one photo? Very cool results.

11 Likes

So cute!!

7 Likes

Thank you! I only had this one photo of her in them and have never seen a pair in person. I actually tried to see if I could find them online but there was nothing. So I tried to get the design as close as possible.

8 Likes

Thank you! She’s worn some really unique glasses over the years and I adore her.

8 Likes

These are amazing! You did a fantastic job recreating them!

8 Likes

Thank you! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Amazing recreation! Dolly would be proud.

8 Likes

Those are absolutely adorable! Did you heat the plexi to give the butterfly some bend?

7 Likes

Cute and clever!

5 Likes

Yes with a heat gun! Took a few minutes because I was scared of it getting hot too fast and bubbling up.

7 Likes

Totally cute!! Wow!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @MissOlena! Hope you join us often and share with us your projects. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a creative project!

4 Likes

These are awesome and the picture of Dolly is incredible. I only live 30 miles away from Dollywood.

If you ever get the chance to visit Dollywood—-I highly recommend visiting during the fall festival and during the week.

1 Like

Luck you! I would love to visit one day its actually on my bucket list of places.

1 Like