Don't try this at home - dangerous woodworking

There’s no way I would be on the left side of this machine.

7 Likes

First line in description states this:

Bending up a laminated wooden log, specifically designed for bending.

Yeah you can see it was sliced and bent. Still not going on the left side of that thing.

Also, this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/specializedtools/comments/d5dfh5/helicopter_chainsaw/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Never seen video of one of these rigs in action, that’s bonkers.

1 Like

I love all the comments under the video.

Especially this one: “Because the process wasn’t entirely displayed I’m going to assume they all are in fact dead.”

4 Likes

There’s a lot of faith in that one strap and ratchet!

I’ve seen that helicopter chainsaw video before–it does make sense , but hope it’s never used on a windy day! (as well as guessing it’s not in a country with OSHA :wink:).

1 Like

Am I the only one that is bothered by the label “chainsaw” it’s clearly a bunch of circle saws.

1 Like

I bet they’re chain driven?

1 Like

It took me a while to get that the log was already sliced in strips. This is cool. but I still am with the people who who not be the guy on the left.

Yeah I’m pretty sure they would be, but not chain saws.

A bunch of saws chained together? A saw chain, not a chain saw ? :wink:

1 Like

OK OK, I should stop posting these but cmonnn…

2 Likes

A saw chain for sure. But (I don’t know why I’m wasting my time) it looks like they are belt driven.

2 Likes

Yes but now think of the weird party facts you can bust out.

Bonus unsafe laser rig:

1 Like

Oh, look! A Halloween horror thread!

I saw one of the ganged saws for doing tree lines hanging from a helicopter for the first time a few years ago. It was breathtaking. I couldn’t imagine that any insurance company would bond someone for that, but there they were. The local coops spent quite a lot of money using disaster assistance funds after a huge ice storm knocked out power over a few counties. The trees had been allowed too close to lines and hadn’t been taken care of in the rural areas.

Kind of reminded me of a giant Operation Game where instead of a body and contacts on the perimeters it was trying to avoid the power line in the middle.

1 Like

I still can’t stop looking at this site.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there something like that in one of the old James Bond movies?

I love stuff like that. I can’t imagine designing some of the machines they come up with!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.