Dot Grid Bullet Journal Spiral Notebook 5.7" x 8.3" - Template

Inspired by @Jules, who was partially inspired by @polarbrainfreeze, and her post on creating custom notebook covers, I “allocated” a bunch of spiral notebooks from the marketing department at work, as well as ordered a few different options from Amazon. I made a 3 different sizes, and 2 of them will be gifts. Since I used a different size notebook, in addition to the Mead Cambridge one the @Jules posted, I thought I would share the link to Dot Grid Journal notebook and the SVG file zipped if anyone is interested.

# (2-Pack) A5 Dot Grid Bullet Journal 100gsm Spiral Notebook 5.7 x 8.3 inches - 80 Sheets Per Book, Thick Dotted Paper, Wirebound

Here is the .SVG file.
Dot Grid Bullet Journal 5.7x8.3.zip (1.0 KB)

Here is the 5.7 x 8.3" notebook, and one which uses the above template.

Here is one that I scored from work. No worries, they were trying to dump these since they have the 2017 calendar in them. I’ll check back later this year, and grab the rest if they have any left, and just tear those pages out. My nephew’s birthday is this week, and he love Clemson football, so…

This little notebook I made for myself.

I did have to remove pages from the notebooks, as the 1/8" covers were thick enough, and in order to close, needed to be done. Here are all 3 sizes. I do have a couple of the Mead Cambridge Business Notebooks, just haven’t done those yet.

74 Likes

Oh very nice! (Had a nephew that went to Clemson.) :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

Thanks! very nice!

4 Likes

Shoot, now I’ve gotta make friends with somebody who writes stuff down on paper instead of electronically, so I can make one of these for them!

14 Likes

ha ha…love them! Especially the one that says, “List of people I would punch in the face.” ha

5 Likes

Nice job … a shame to lose the paper from the notebook … but, looks like it was worth it!

1 Like

Why do things here on the forum so often end up showing up as just black squares? Is it a problem with just turning off the unnecessary fill on the design when its created? I really am not intending to sound like a complainer but maybe its just something that I’ve learned and come to accept as standard practice? If I’m wrong and it happens for another reason, please let me know.

Thanks.

2 Likes

SVG files have the style information stripped out of them as a security measure automatically by Discourse. (The forum). So if you want to load an SVG file to the forum, the best thing to do is Zip it first. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Replaced with Zip file. :slight_smile:

Ohhhh my bullet journal groups are going to be sooooo jealooouuuussss :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Love the look of these notebooks. Very cool of your to share the design and link to the spiral notebook.

1 Like

Hi there. Downloaded the zip file, but all I’m seeing are black filled squares for the spirals and no cutout for the cover. Am I doing something wrong?

No, that’s what I saw too. Just select everything CMD/CTRL+A, then assign a stroke color to it, and no fill color. The cover doesn’t have a stroke color assigned, but it’s in there.

That looks Awesome!

Unfortunately, I’ve no idea what I’m doing in Inkscape. I can select all, but try as I might, I don’t know how to get it from being a complete fill. Any other commands I should know?

I think we’ve got a tutorial around here for setting the Stroke and Fill colors in Inkscape:

Once you’re done with that, go to this link and start reading the tutorials from the Inkscape column…just work your way down from the top, even though a few up there are not for Inkscape, they illustrate concepts you need to understand.

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

I’m now imagining 20 years in the future there’s an NHL coach on the sidelines using this battered notebook with a clear Clemson paw on it and people wondering what it says!

2 Likes