Draftboard can be beautiful!

Thank you so much! And welcome to the community! You will see so many great things in these posts! Can’t wait to see yours!

Thanks! I changed it like 4 times before I got here. LOL

1 Like

I love draftboard it just has such a nice look to it.

1 Like

I have been leery of draftboard as it has fared so badly in furniture in places with humidity but the look is terrific. I love the anchor mechanism locking the box

Yeah I always worry about the humidity when working with it. But I just love the look. Thanks, the locking mechanism is just pressfit.

1 Like

I have been using Hand Sanitizer for cleaning (a serendipitous choice as I now have about 3 liters of it on hand) but it dissolves draftboard back to sawdust. So I have avoided it. I have also had issues with that hinge style but found Baltic Birch making a much superior hinge,

hingesall

2 Likes

Oh I love that hinge. I thought about changing it up but for the first one. I just went with disc hinge. The next iteration will definitely be different.

1 Like

Wow, that is beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Wow, what a great epic project. The tilted compass rose on the flask is hilarious.

4 Likes

Lol. I’m glad someone got it. My friend asked me if that was on purpose. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hah! I missed it completely! But it’s a great idea! :smile:

2 Likes

I almost made it blurry just to screw with people. LOL

5 Likes

Just curious … Did you etch the glasses on the GF?

2 Likes

Yes I Did. Found the settings by searching the forum.

great! thanks

1 Like