Draftboard can be beautiful!

Being shut in is the perfect time to make presents! I had a lot of draftboard and veneer so I decided to make a Boating Party Box. 8.25" square x 4.5 H. Had the blank flasks and shot glasses lying around so I thought it would be a good way to “present” them. Used the settings I found on here for the shot glasses and iPhone settings for the flask. The veneer was a PITA and had to run the pieces a couple of times even though I know I measured correctly. Yes, some of the seams on the veneer are off, but I am ok with it. The holder for the pieces comes out and you can use the box for something else.

Just used a piece of medium PG Acrylic for the top with blue paper behind it for the compass rose.

All-in-all was a really fun project to design and tons of math for the holder. LOL Took about 2 days to design and the box took about 3.5 hours to run with the engraving.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

The Anchor is the locking mechanism. Slide left to open, right to lock.

73 Likes

Lovely presentation.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, draftboard can be beautiful! I love everything about this project!!

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Very professional! (And I can’t believe you just had the flasks and shot glasses lying around!) :smile:

4 Likes

LOL. I ordered a few and never got around to doing anything with them. HAHAHA

2 Likes

Wow, another beautiful project, Victor!!

5 Likes

Thank you!!! I like to see what I can do with what I have lying around. LOL

2 Likes

That is the most awesomest thing I have seen today! I am blown away by what can be made on the GF. Really cool!

6 Likes

And, I shouldn’t be surprised that you managed to make draftboard look good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

I know about being blown away with what can be done. I feel like I am barely scratching the surface, I just need more time and tons of materials! LOL

4 Likes

Very creative, and awesome result!

5 Likes

Thank you! I will say it turned out better than i thought it would. LOL I was expecting a crash and burn.

4 Likes

Hardcore nautical nut here… ex-navy, ex-merchant marine. Beautiful piece! I’m always inspired by what you come up with.

6 Likes

Thank you, first for your service and secondly for your compliment. I live in San Diego and sail all the time. Seemed appropriate. LOL

3 Likes

Gosh, your stuff is always so cool!

3 Likes

Amazing job! I always find draftboard to be easier to test out ideas on and still have it be pleasing to have after.

3 Likes

Thank you! This was a test to see how many things I could laser in one project. Lol

2 Likes

I totally agree! I love the color and it is waaaaaay cheaper than wood. Lol

1 Like