Dragon Keepsake Box

I believe this is the first time I’ve shared any of my creations. Nothing too complicated but I really like how it turned out. Starting to really get into making different types of boxes.

48 Likes

Looks great! Boxes are so fun to make!

15 Likes

I love your dragon. Did you draw him?

13 Likes

That’s a jar, boxes are square :rofl:

10 Likes

Very cute, and nice image! Are the sides smooth enough, or are you going to have to sand it?

12 Likes

I love boxes and am fond of dragons; nice combination there.

How big is it? You might want to cut this banana-scale device for your future makes.

13 Likes

Awesome box! I like the dragon also.

8 Likes

I agree. Boxes are brilliant!

Michael

8 Likes

I’m glad you shared this link! You posted it before I got my GF, so I hadn’t seen it before. Gonna have to make myself one too! :grinning:

2 Likes

That makes a square glass container a box? Or is the the twist off lid? Twist off lids are very rarely square. Acrylic containers might be a bit weirder, if they are assembled rather than blown. Then a could a drinking container cut on a lathe be called a glass? Language can be so confusing :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Nope any type of drinking object turned on a lathe is considered either a goblet, a chalice, or a mug, depending on the amount of space inside the item. So says the classes at woodcrafters anyway.

5 Likes

Great first share!!

5 Likes

Great little container. Now just add tiny magnets to the lid to keep the 2 halves together.

7 Likes

Nope, stock graphic. Just thought it looked cool.

4 Likes

I’m just leaving it as it is. I kinda like the burned effect for a Dragon box

4 Likes

Actually, you can’t tell from the pic, but I used one of the cut outs from the inside and glued it to the lid to hold it in place.

8 Likes

Very nice work! Cool dragon!

2 Likes

Nice!

5 Likes

Nice! Boxes are addictive. Wait until you discover using magnet closures and all wood hinges…

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Tiny-Square-Block-Magnets-Universal/dp/B0859H3Z3X

2 Likes