Long Overdue: Banana Ruler

Inspired by my little brother @timjedwards, who always has the most brilliant ideas, and by my penchant for procrastination (I am supposed to be studying for a test to transfer my nursing licenses to Texas) I have created a long overdue banana ruler. Enjoy.

Banana Ruler.pdf (68.7 KB)

57 Likes

Ha ha! I almost posted a joke to your other thread yesterday about cutting a graduated banana out of some yellow acrylic.

7 Likes

Great minds, I guess…I was gonna post that there needed to be measurements marked on a banana for a pic I saw this morning, lol.

7 Likes

Is that for measuring your… banana?

5 Likes

It’s for scale purposes. It’s also a long running joke on the forum to have someone use a banana for the scale. This is awesome and hilarious!

10 Likes

It’s been around a while:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:409394

9 Likes

That’s a beautiful 3D variation!

4 Likes

Oh gosh, this is a must for all future photos! Thanks!

5 Likes

Thank You for the share. Brilliant idea.

3 Likes

… could you post a pic of it printed with an object alongside for scale? :thinking:

9 Likes

Yeah, I know your pain. My Wife is an RN medical case manager working for Aetna who works from home. she is licensed in 49 states. I don’t recall which state it is (maybe LA), but due to the hassle the state was giving her, her boss said forget about it.

With the different state’s requirements for continuing education and an obstinate refusal to accept other state’s certifications it seems archaic. Good Luck.

I particularly like the GF sticker!

4 Likes

Louisiana has always been a hassle to get licensed in until recently. They have become a compact state, so it’s much easier.

2 Likes

Yeah, then you add advanced practice nursing licenses for each state…you have to maintain BOTH RN and APRN licenses for each state you’re licensed in, along with the national board certification for your APRN licensure, plus a DEA certification for prescribing scheduled medications, and each comes with its own fees, expiration dates, and continuing ed requirements. I’m already licensed in WA and OR, and that’s been headache enough to keep up with. sigh I tried to make a spreadsheet once to keep track of them, but had to give up because you can’t even make logic statements to fit them all. :sob:

6 Likes

Exactly.

Double your pleasure - double your fun. :unamused:

3 Likes

It sure makes the approach of my birthday rather unpleasant every year! I start stressing out about where I’ve put my CME certificates and whether I’ve gotten enough, and being afraid to look but trying to make myself do it in time to madly accumulate some more if necessary.

Argh. I think my BP just went up 20 points!

7 Likes

Sorry!

2 Likes

20 Likes

Haha! This is hilarious! Definitely useable, but still hilarious. :laughing:

5 Likes

Banana-licious! :banana: :banana: :banana:

4 Likes

Disappointed. I was thinking this would be about a Banana King, the exalted grand ruler of all the bananas.

5 Likes