Drawer Inserts

We have a Ranger Tug and had a hard time finding inserts that would fit into our galley drawers. Either they were too tall, too long or too short to be of use. So I went to the Box-o-matic website and used their website to design some of my own drawer inserts that would work. I tried several colors. I like the blue ones the best. Two are made with Thick acrylic and the yellow one is medium acrylic.

34 Likes

Nice! Custom dividers! :grinning:

2 Likes

Custom stuff is always good.

link? I’m always looking for new box makers.

This one sounds like something a certain coyote might use: the ACME Box-o-matic :smile:

6 Likes

Cool. I’m about to make some dividers for my mom. Probably not full-on boxes, same general principle.

2 Likes

Now I have drawer envy…
That’s a great idea…the divider thing for my flatware always travels back and forth when I open my drawers…may have to give this a try. :grin:

2 Likes

The best reason to have a GlowForge is to make all the stuff you just can’t buy.

5 Likes

Great idea! The colors really pop, too!

1 Like

Nothing so satisfying as a beautiful but functional thing. I love the colors!

Those are works of art.

I took a different approach. The ‘battery drawer’ is a feature in many homes down here in the hurricane zone of the Louisiana Gulf Coast. Mine is full of AAA’s, AA’s, C’s, D’s and nine-volters. Organization? Didn’t have any.

Enter Pewtie, my Glowforge. After I played a bit with the processes, I designed a set of dividers and cut them out of Amazon-grade cardboard. they fir the drawer perfectly and give me compartments to segregate my battery stock.

Durability? A: Not an issue. They’re not going to see a lot of activity. B: If they get funky-looking, I still have the file and plenty of that cardboard.

5 Likes

Battery drawers are common up here in New England, too.

Totally unrelated, but we now rely heavily on inflatable solar lanterns called Lucis instead of flashlights/candles. We buy on sale and have some of the fun colors/designs for the kids. https://mpowerd.com/

You can store them small, but they are also waterproof for poor weather situations.

My scout nerd friends all have these… but not with a USB charger!
Now I know a method of one-up.
They really are dead useful.

2 Likes