Drill bit organizer for the shop

Nice, thanks!

1 Like

Yes sir. I love that. Looks just fantastic.

1 Like

Awesome design! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you’ve already inspired others to get organized. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do drafting for profession at work, I attached the drill and tap chart we use here. It us the common drill types out there on it. Hope it helps those looking for the different sizes.

5 Likes

I’m gonna have to do one of these too… probably a driver bit one as well.

1 Like

Thanks @dan!

Any chance you’d be willing to share the design for this? I’d love to miniture-ize it for my metric hand drill bits.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sure, my first post has the .ai and svg files for the top part. Which other files can I help you with?

Those are awesome, I was just hoping for the side pieces @publicsculpture made, but no biggie, I’ll get around to it someday! Have a Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Wow…! Very Cool…Thanks…!

Oh, mine! Here they are.

drill_bit_box_01

drill_bits_01

3 Likes

Well, the SVGs look insanely tiny here, but they are there.

1 Like

Yeah for some reason that happens to me as well. Thank you very much for this! I can’t wait to make one! Have a Merry Christmas!

1 Like

The mars orbiter would like a word with you… :wink:

6 Likes

LOL. Good one. :slight_smile:

thanks for sharing very nice

1 Like

THANK YOU! I plan to use this tonight to organize all of my bits, but also for my dremel stuff, router bits, etc. Thanks so much for saving me time!

2 Likes

Somebody around here edited the SVG of whatever it was they were working on.

Made me wonder if I should figure out away to write a python script to read in a list of say drill bits, and create the SVG.

potential applications with spice jars, paint jars, etc.

Hmmmmm…

3 Likes

Cant get this to cut, i give up.