Driver Panel, Out of Control!

If alignment isn’t super-critical you can use the camera to align any post-drying operations. I’ve done that several times. Otherwise, I’ve had to keep the cut-out-of-jig-piece in place in the bed. As of a few weeks ago they save the exact location of where you last placed the parts of your file. This doesn’t resolve the camera-alignment issue, but it does open up the option of devising a method to re-place your material exactly. This would allow you to do other things with your glowforge while the paint is drying.

1 Like

Thats great! Now I can use an alignment file that registers with a jig in my bed and not worry about the camera. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Awesome post… thank you for sharing all the details.

I’m wracking my brain trying to think of something to use this for. Thanks for the documentation of your process.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

As I was reading this, I was thinking, I bet I could do this with acrylic and backlight it. I laughed when I read your mention of trying that. I’m waiting for a replacement belt that came broken in my glowforge, but when I get it up and running I want to try it. Both of your projects like this look great! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

This is an awesome project. Congrats.

Great job and a big Thanks, this is sooo useful!!

It had not occurred to me to paint through the cut areas of the masking tape before. Great concept and thanks for writing this up. :ok_hand: :+1:

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing you paint/masking techniques. I had been wondering what kind of masking products would be safe to use in the laser. Have you ever tried Contact paper? Just curious if that would work. Really impressed with your level of organization, too. You have set the bar high!

Excellent work!