Drop the mic šŸ˜Ž

WOW. Just wow

2 Likes

Speaking with some photographic experience here, sometimes things that are hard to see under direct light show up much better with a light that comes from the side and skims across the surface. Iā€™m not sure if a soft edge or a hard edge on the light would make a difference, but if you get the chance to try it, Iā€™d like to know if it works.

If your camera has a macro mode, that would make it easier, too. Macro is going to be really helpful for anyone printing tiny things and wanting to share photos. It might be in your camera settings if you are using your phone.

2 Likes

When I did the mustard seed, thatā€™s why I had to photograph it in the GlowForge since the lights come from the side like a photo booth

4 Likes

Ok, here are the ones I got from Jules on the lower resolution lab microscope:

27 Likes

Totally cool! The letters look like clouds or popcorn. :smile:

5 Likes

So great product idea, customized rice for throwing at weddings.

6 Likes

It might take a whileā€¦chuckle! :wink:

2 Likes

Enlist @marmak3261 to make a jig for you. His pencil engraving jig made that process much easier!

3 Likes

:smile::+1:

1 Like

How many grains of rice can fit into a single jig the size of the tray?

1 Like

7 Likes

Refer to @chadmart1076 's post and ask someone to work up a math question and solution for this math problem. LOL :grin:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/board-game-project-requesting-input-lots-and-lots-of-input/8409?u=bill_laba

2 Likes

Oh, I could do the math. I didnā€™t want to be bothered with it.

4 Likes

Six

3 Likes

I was actually doing five at a pass, but some of them came out a little wonky. (Most grains of polished rice have a little divot where the germ was removed, and they tend to roll over in the air assist. Very annoying.) :smile:

I sent a few of the successes to GFHQ. (They earned them.) :sunglasses:

4 Likes

shakes fist - I could have had @Dan eating personalized dijon, and you scooped me with rice!

7 Likes

Hey rice with dijon worksā€¦:wink:

6 Likes

:hushed: AMAZING! I actually got a keychain as a gift years ago with my name written with black on a grain of rice floating inside (someone chipped the keychain though recently so Iā€™m bummed about that, but Iā€™m still absolutely head over heels, & my grain of rice is still in there chilling with my car keys) ! :heart:
My friend & I have been talking about trying to paint rice since forever, Iā€™m more excited now with a GF to engrave it, you turned on a lot of light bulbs in my head :heart_eyes: Thanks!
I work with epoxy resin as well so it would be cool if it turns out decent, lots you can do :exploding_head:

4 Likes

If you could fill it with resin, it might become a lot more visibleā€¦great idea to try. Post a picture if you do it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hopefully ā€¦ Will do!

1 Like