Drop the mic šŸ˜Ž

weeding that puppy must have really been a b***h !!! :stuck_out_tongue::laughing:

6 Likes

Ha! Well macro(-photography) capable microscopes, is what I meant. I couldnā€™t think what the name was they call those scopes they attach either a camera or video to.

End-o-scopes wouldnā€™t have been right, because everyone knows those go up yer end, hence their name. Obviously.

I would love to see it shot by the guys at GigaMacro

2 Likes

Ironically thatā€™s the one that goes in your stomach, not the other ā€œendā€

13 Likes

Useless trivia: Nikon calls all their macro lenses micro because Nikon started in microscopes.

themoreyouknow.jpg

7 Likes

Facial play-by-play when I tried to run the same thing past my girlfriend (also a doctor):

Me: ā€œAnd thatā€™s why itā€™s called an end-o-scope.ā€ :neutral_face:
Her: :neutral_face:
Me: :grinning:
Her: :expressionless:
Me: :grin:
Her: :confounded:

What can I say? I enjoy making her cringe with really really bad ā€œmedical dad-jokesā€.

25 Likes

pretty soon, with the Glowforge, weā€™ll be seeing ā€œtatoo-edā€ mites all over the place

and, it will be in spy movies, with secret messages sent in bags of rice and on the backs of mites

7 Likes

mustard seeds. Rice is so yesterday morningā€¦ yeeesh.

16 Likes

Does it show up better on brown rice?

2 Likes

Great job @Julesā€¦can I get a matching set to make earrings ?..lol :grinning:

3 Likes

Now that is a cool idea! Secret Squirrel! :sunglasses: :+1:

Hmmmnā€¦

Chuckle! Iā€™ll see what I can come up with. :smile:

5 Likes

yeah right, like what else could be better?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

well now I know what I can give everyone for Christmas!

ā€œHere you go kids!!ā€
ā€œUm, what is this? One piece of rice?ā€
ā€œWell yeah, but look carefully!ā€
ā€œUuhh, dad, itā€™s just a piece of riceā€¦ā€
ā€œBut look CLOSERā€¦ā€

ad infinitum

12 Likes

Now to make a positional rice grain jig so I can batch produce for all the relativesā€¦

6 Likes

To paraphrase the immortal words of Beavis, from Beavis & Butthead:

Iā€™m gonna forge a GF Logo, on a GF Logo, that I placed on something tiny with my Forge

3 Likes

Jules, you amaze and delight!

3 Likes

Thank you kindly! (It was a fun little diversion.) :smile:

3 Likes

WOW. Just wow

2 Likes

Speaking with some photographic experience here, sometimes things that are hard to see under direct light show up much better with a light that comes from the side and skims across the surface. Iā€™m not sure if a soft edge or a hard edge on the light would make a difference, but if you get the chance to try it, Iā€™d like to know if it works.

If your camera has a macro mode, that would make it easier, too. Macro is going to be really helpful for anyone printing tiny things and wanting to share photos. It might be in your camera settings if you are using your phone.

2 Likes

When I did the mustard seed, thatā€™s why I had to photograph it in the GlowForge since the lights come from the side like a photo booth

4 Likes