Drop the mic šŸ˜Ž

Ok, here are the ones I got from Jules on the lower resolution lab microscope:

27 Likes

Totally cool! The letters look like clouds or popcorn. :smile:

5 Likes

So great product idea, customized rice for throwing at weddings.

6 Likes

It might take a whileā€¦chuckle! :wink:

2 Likes

Enlist @marmak3261 to make a jig for you. His pencil engraving jig made that process much easier!

3 Likes

:smile::+1:

1 Like

How many grains of rice can fit into a single jig the size of the tray?

1 Like

7 Likes

Refer to @chadmart1076 's post and ask someone to work up a math question and solution for this math problem. LOL :grin:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/board-game-project-requesting-input-lots-and-lots-of-input/8409?u=bill_laba

2 Likes

Oh, I could do the math. I didnā€™t want to be bothered with it.

4 Likes

Six

3 Likes

I was actually doing five at a pass, but some of them came out a little wonky. (Most grains of polished rice have a little divot where the germ was removed, and they tend to roll over in the air assist. Very annoying.) :smile:

I sent a few of the successes to GFHQ. (They earned them.) :sunglasses:

4 Likes

shakes fist - I could have had @Dan eating personalized dijon, and you scooped me with rice!

7 Likes

Hey rice with dijon worksā€¦:wink:

6 Likes

:hushed: AMAZING! I actually got a keychain as a gift years ago with my name written with black on a grain of rice floating inside (someone chipped the keychain though recently so Iā€™m bummed about that, but Iā€™m still absolutely head over heels, & my grain of rice is still in there chilling with my car keys) ! :heart:
My friend & I have been talking about trying to paint rice since forever, Iā€™m more excited now with a GF to engrave it, you turned on a lot of light bulbs in my head :heart_eyes: Thanks!
I work with epoxy resin as well so it would be cool if it turns out decent, lots you can do :exploding_head:

4 Likes

If you could fill it with resin, it might become a lot more visibleā€¦great idea to try. Post a picture if you do it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hopefully ā€¦ Will do!

1 Like