Dry erase desk set

My son and I both need help to stay organized. I made several of these little dry erase boards for my own desk, but put magnets on the backs. Not sure of my son’s set up at the desk he works at from home everyday, so just made a small version that doesn’t take up much real estate. Had I been thinking well, I would have also made a hole in the base to put a pen…alas.

The base is 3.5" x 2.5" x .75". Two layers of thick black acrylic with one layer of thick glass green acrylic in the middle…stuck together with 3M tape.

44 Likes

Genius! Another project that I’ll have to come up with a version of for myself. This will pay for itself in the saved post-it notes.

9 Likes

I am a white board junkie. I love this!!

8 Likes

What a fabulous idea and very well executed! Hmmmm…you may have inpsired me here!

7 Likes

Been wanting to get some whiteboard for a while and play with it. Now I have a reason. Thanks!

+1 on the inspiration counter.

7 Likes

Great job Thank You.

Keep Creating

7 Likes

Great idea, with the handles they look like coffee cups to me. intentional?

5 Likes

This is such a great idea! Well executed!! Love that base design.

4 Likes

Nice practical cut. I love the thick black acrylic with the green glass acrylic.

4 Likes

I love it! All about organization :grin:

4 Likes

WOOT!

Yes, Discourse, this is a complete sentence and I want to post it.

5 Likes

Love it! So practical and looks so good!

3 Likes

I have a post-it problem too. I hate the mess it makes when they start piling up.

I was (video) meeting with a co-worker the other day who mentioned they have a dry-erase desk. I don’t know whether that would be my dream or nightmare.

5 Likes

Cute! But, no it wasn’t intentional. My intent was to keep my fingers off the writing when I pick them up. It may have been unnecessary but you know…if you don’t do something, you wish you had done it after the fact.

• what you said inspired me…you could cut the note boards in any shape just for fun…animals, flowers, coffee cups :wink:, etc.
6 Likes

I’m afraid that would be my nightmare. I made several of these with magnets on them for my son in law who designs tower crane platforms and is always scribbling some engineering stuff on post it notes, etc. He uses an old, all steel desk, so in a way, his entire desk can be dry-erase.

2 Likes

I bought a roll of self-sticking magenetic strip which I placed around my desk in strategic places, however the stickiness doesn’t hold very well on wood…so every once in awhile (like this morning) I find part of the strip and some of the note boards laying in a pile. That part of the process needs some rethinking on my part, now.

3 Likes

I will add, for anyone who hasn’t cut whiteboard…the edges get positively black with soot. I don’t mask mine, but end up using a paper towel soaked with water and vinegar to clean them up.

5 Likes

Very clever!

2 Likes

This is a great idea, Marj! The glass green acrylic really dresses it up, too!

1 Like

Pretty handy, I’d say!

1 Like