Dual of 2-Frequency Truncated Tetrahedral Geodesic Sphere

…and just when I was feeling excited to have 2 of our 3D printers finally set up so I can finally make the connectors for the more basic polyhedrals (which saved Xmas for my sister-in-law), you come out with this.

Wow, as ever. Now I have a new one dancing in my head.

2 Likes

Careful, it’s addicting even with the basic Platonic solids. It’s a fun rabbit hole though.

5 Likes

The detail is phenomenal! This is a work of art!

4 Likes

Whoa - just saying the name gives me chills!

1 Like

In the dark it appears to have some arcane purpose…

6 Likes

Where can I purchase one from you ?

1 Like

Is the 3dprinter mandatory to hold all the angles correctly or could one use something like this…
https://www.amazon.com/Sugru-Moldable-Glue-Original-Formula/dp/B008URBC9I?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Probably not easy, but you should try it!

Wow, you really finished 2020 with a bang! Happy New Year!

5 Likes

Ok…that is spectacular!!! Just when I think I loved the last one the most, you go and make me a liar! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Simply beautiful!

6 Likes

You might spend more on this product than a 3-D printer…
They give you such a small amount and it expires and turns into a useless lump if you don’t use it in time. What a bummer.

@pubultrastar this is beautiful! Phenomenal work!

3 Likes

Oh, I know, I have over 50 different ones planned once I get a job again and can get the materials. This is just adding to the pile.

1 Like

gorgeous

2 Likes

He states in the thread that the file is not for sale, but his profile includes a link to his store where some of his items are sold.

7 Likes

forum guidelines

3 Likes

Spectacular design and build! So glad you posted!

3 Likes

Reading reviews it is supposed to last three years in the freezer.
For glue it is not bad and very decorative, the mold only stuff , is cheaper but is not glue.

1 Like

wow. Fantastic work. Think I saw your reddit post first, just beautiful.

1 Like

I need to put it in the freezer!!! That is where I store the rubber bands, so they don’t disintegrate here.

2 Likes

What you need is a special workshop freezer to store all those non food items that break down in excess heat.

2 Likes