Dual of 2-Frequency Truncated Tetrahedral Geodesic Sphere

This one has been in the works for months, but told myself to get it done before the end of the year.
Two layers of Proofgrade :proofgrade: walnut with inlayed Tortoise Shell Acrylic, this Dual of 2-Frequency Truncated Tetrahedral Geodesic Sphere is probably the most complex polyhedral that I’ve created. It has 5 different face types with 6 different internal 3D printed connectors. There is a string of led lights on the inside to illuminate from within. Shape was generated using Stella4D and connectors were designed in Fusion360.

With the lights on.

78 Likes

Outstanding. Do you have any lights in it?

3 Likes

Jaw dropped!

5 Likes

Yes. I’ll take pics tonight when it’s dark.

6 Likes

Awesome. Looking forward to them.

3 Likes

Impressive! Well done.

3 Likes

Oh, geez this is a great example to show my wife why we “need” a 3D printer. Not that I think I could begin to comprehend how these are made (even with all of the other ones you, and others have done), but if I mention that a 3D printer was used to help make this, my wife might finally cave :wink:

8 Likes

Beautiful!

5 Likes

Ohhhhh, that is gorgeous!!!

5 Likes

I didn’t need one either, and now I have 3. The newest being a resin printer which isn’t cooperating. There are pretty cheap 3D printers available, so it’s not a big investment to try it out. I never would have learned Fusion 360 if I didn’t buy one, so it forced me to tackle something I knew nothing about.

9 Likes

That is spectacular. I’m in awe…again:-)

5 Likes

I need a pillow on the floor so I don’t keep bruising my chin when I see your new stuff :exploding_head: tackling a 3d printer is not the same as conquering one, and now I will have to wait till the world starts again and I can get some in-person help to get mine to stop laughing at me.

12 Likes

Awesome looking. Can’t wait to see the pics with the lights

3 Likes

Fantastic work!

4 Likes

Ooooo, so pretty and shiny. It’s lovely!!

3 Likes

Any chance you’d be selling the plans for this? My daughter would love this.

3 Likes

Probably not. This one is pretty complex. I may eventually sell the 3d Files for the shape, but it wouldn’t include any of the graphics or inlay.

Added above!

1 Like

Awesome sauce!

1 Like

Super impressive. :blush:

3 Likes