Duplicate cut line handling

Inkscape can do a merge but creates multiple documents as far as I can tell. This would be like a directory with all the names on one page. The line problem is easy enough to fix in Inkcape because the names get placed in exact rows and columns. I can overlay new lines that go the width and length of necessary and remove the imported line separate lines from the borders that were imported. Would AI do that? Figuring out this process would be very helpful in making game pieces and other tile type objects. The main thing is not having to type and position the text for each one. It works very well.

2 Likes

Thank you sweet thing…I was curious as to whether it was flat so’s I canz
put my GF namez on itz…lol

2 Likes

You planning to do vinyl? (I was thinking about dressing mine up when I get the release model.)

There’s plenty of space on it for decoration…looks like this:

The lower part drops down.

7 Likes

Happy Birthday @tom ! :boom::birthday::dizzy::gift:

5 Likes

Thanks!! :tada:

6 Likes

Yes I am…across the front with my GF name.I shall show you when I get my GF.

5 Likes

Awesome! (I still think we need to have a “Pimp my Glowforge” contest one of these days.) :smile:

9 Likes

Happy birthday @tom! Hope you have a great day.

2 Likes

@tom…wishing you a great birthday and many happy returns! :gift:

2 Likes

@tom, …hope you have a very happy birthday. I also hope we all get our glowforges before your next one. In fact, I would love for you and the rest of us to get it THIS birthday. :grinning:

6 Likes

In true GF user fashion, we need to complicate this contest and offer multiple classes, because some folks will likely stick to art/decorating the case (think vinyl, wraps, paint, airbrushing, pinstriping, etc), while others will go the case mod route (like computer guys with lights, fans, cathode tubes, steampunk mods, etc.) Some will undoubtedly go the hardware hack route and add things like rotary attachments, case mod for deeper z-axis, vacuum hold-down system, etc.

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Yeah, probably exactly the way it will go…chuckle! :smile:

3 Likes

… and those of us with crayons… :neutral_face:

8 Likes

Excuse the crayon, they don’t let us use anything sharp around here…

6 Likes