Duplicating an image in the Glowforge App

I am sure this is something very easy but I cannot seem to figure out how to make a duplicate of an image I have created. I designed a banner and I needed eight total. Because I don’t know how to duplicate, I had to run the machine eight separate times. Someone please tell me there is an easy way to do this.

Also, I had someone ask me when cutting paper if you could cut a stack at a time as opposed to one sheet. Anyone know the answer to this question?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me get on my way. I really appreciate it.

Duplicate by selecting everything and doing copy/paste.

On Mac it’s command-c command-v, on pc it’s control c and control v.

As for cutting multiple layers of paper it’s definitely possible. In general fire risk goes up with loose layered materials, so I’d be very careful if I were going to try something like that.

I also find that with stacked layers it can lead to unusual smoke marks between or under the layers. You’ll probably need to test a bit to get things right.

And again, use caution. Be sure you’re ready to deal with flare ups and don’t let your attention wander while it’s cutting. Fires go from “oh look a small flame” to “I don’t know if I can stop this” alarmingly quickly.

This is one of the reasons most people never try layered paper.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t. It’s physically possible to do so, but there are warnings against stacking materials in the User Manual, and if the fire gets away from you, your warranty won’t cover the damage. (So you would get to pay for the repairs.)

Not worth the risk to me…I’ve had a single sheet of loosely applied masking come off, catch fire, and cause enough damage to put my machine out of commission for about 3 weeks when it screwed up the exhaust fan. It doesn’t take much.

1 Like

I once tried to cut a book with the Glowforge. Wanted to know if you could make those book safes with one, where you hollow out the inside of a book and use it to store things. I glued the outside edges of the pages together and removed the cover, tossed it in the Glowforge and ran some cuts. Long story short, I made fire but I did not make a book safe. I don’t recommend burning a stack of paper.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I will not be attempting to cut a stack of paper! Btw, I have wanted to make a book safe for quite some time. I’ve seen many videos on Youtube but haven’t found the time to do it. Too bad the Glowforge wasn’t able to do it. Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks for answering my question. It sounds like a really bad idea to attempt cutting a stack of paper. I am just learning how to use my machine so I really appreciate the information. Have a great day!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, so easy! Thank you, thank you for answering my question. I will use this command a lot and it will save me so much time! Have a great day!

2 Likes

Here’s a list of some more useful keyboard shortcuts:

1 Like

Probably my most frequently-used keyboard shortcuts…

5 Likes

hello, i am trying to copy / paste, it will let me copy but when i right click to paste it doesnt have paste, i am on windows

Keyboard commands? Control-V for paste? Also, make sure you have something selected before you copy (it won’t show paste there was no copy performed…)

2 Likes