Durability of engraved anodized Aluminum testing rig

I recently made some custom luggage tags for work, and a colleague asked if I could make some for her (they do look awesome, in electric blue from Johnson Plastics - obviously didn’t want to post the backs as they have our home info on them).

So she asked will it stand up to wear and tear on a bag. So I checked with my favorite aluminum testing rig (rocky & Butterscotch). So far 8 months and not a single scratch despite incredible levels of abuse. The steel clip on the leash rubs on the aluminum tags and they beat the crap out of these, (even managing to take the split ring off - which is impressive when you only have 2 fingers with hooves for fingernails!) so these have been ground into rocks and dirt without any scratches, so for friends that do manage to damage these types of tags, they are abusing them!

Best testing rig ever (moments after this unposed shot, chaos descended as it devolved into king-of-the-hill with horns flying)

2019-02-04_18-30-23

2019-02-04_18-30-34

33 Likes

For the record these two could shred the American Tourister gorilla in seconds… They’re sort of like kittens hopped up on crystal meth, with horns…

15 Likes

That is a scary description! (And i was thinking they were so cute and cuddly looking.) :smile:

4 Likes

That is an excellent test rig. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They’re like the chaos guy on the Allstate ads. But they are super cute, and luckily nice to people although happy to nibble on you…

4 Likes

Rocky and Butterscotch are adorable … Love the electric blue on the tag, also!

1 Like

Very good info and I can’t think of a better test than a pair of goat kids! Next to dogs, they are my favorite creature. Since I can’t have any of my own anymore, I got dogs that imitate them.

8 Likes

For the record, they are full grown… Nigerian Dwarf Goats only get around 25lbs…

2 Likes

I owned a Nigerian goat named Rose about 35 yrs ago. :slight_smile: My best friend at the time had a big Nubian boy who went with her everywhere. Rode in her truck and slept on a dog bed in the house. Wonderful creatures. :heart:

3 Likes

I must say, this post, when taken out of the context of goats, is horrifying!

4 Likes

I wonder if they are like our dogs who feel all prettied-up with their cold weather gear on…?

1 Like

They fight hard against wearing them. Just bought the same type hat rocky has on, as it’s quicker to wrestle on

3 Likes

The dogs just stand there wagging… take it off and they look at you like you kicked them.

1 Like

If they passed the goat test, I guess it’s time to take them to the big leagues: airline baggage handlers.

And then the world series: UPS.

4 Likes

When I first read this I wondered what Tom Brady had to do with testing anodized engraves. :slightly_smiling_face: Guess you have to be a New Englander.

4 Likes

I have to get a photo of the Krafts standing with the boys (in their tiny pats uniforms)

1 Like

Fortunately for me, I can make a new one anytime I want.

10lb Havanese. Done mostly when he was a puppy. He’s now 18 mos. old.

4 Likes

No, they always seem annoyed that you put it on them. You have to really wrestle them to put it on. But they shiver if you don’t as they have so little body mass… They have gotten furry for the winter, but it’s not enough for New England winters. We bring them in to the farm greenhouse when it’s bitter outside.

2 Likes

Your dog plays fetch with bench grinders?

3 Likes

We should add a goat pic to all your posts. Brightened up my night.

2 Likes