Dust cover from a shower curtain

Since my Glowforge is in the garage, I wanted to protect it from dust, etc when not in use. This $5 shower curtain from Amazon did the trick. You don’t really need a pattern. Just cut the corners, fold and tape the hem with masking tape and sew on a regular sewing machine. Make it bigger than you think you want so it is easy to take on and off.

I remove the exhaust hose when not in use to keep the bugs and critters from crawling into the Glowforge. The cover also drapes over the exposed exhaust port.

Matt

25 Likes

That is a very clever use for a shower curtain, and gives me a plan to cover a griddle in the garage from sawdust! Thanks for sharing your project :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

8 Likes

Great idea!

4 Likes

Looks nice! Great idea!

3 Likes

Looks great! When using plastic sheets I have been using heat sealers instead of sewing, but then I am terrible at sewing

3 Likes

@jamely

In the past, I have purchased shower liners at the Dollar Tree for a $1. They might have shower curtains.

We use the shower liners to cover the outside plants if a frost is expected.

1 Like

Sounds like a better idea than using all my spare sheets and blankets to cover plants from frost :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

2 Likes

ROTFLMAO!!!

I remember the days using old sheets to cover the plants.

TIPS

1. Purchase 20-30 bricks.

2. On your driveway —- lay out some of those light weight Dollar Tree shower liners and attach 2 edges together with a stapler. This larger piece can be draped over large flowering bushes. Place the bricks to hold the liners down.

1 Like

I just use the giant plastic bag the printer came in. Works great.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.