EarSavers for schools!

Just read a post from a teacher that mentioned needing ear savers for staff before school starts. Could we extend the ear saver project to include our public schools??

1 Like

I believe anyone who wants them can apply to be matched with a generous maker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweet! Wondering if we can improve the design to include a way to actually attach them to the masks. This will be an issue with ten year olds.

A lot of people here in the forum have made variations.

The standard one really is hard to keep up with, even for adults but not sure what the solution is…maybe putting a hole on one side to loop the ear elastic through? The ones using the hair elastic are even harder, although they’re more comfortable. I really can’t imagine what it’s going to be like trying to keep the masks on kids in a classroom.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I need that for my Grandson! Not sure how they’ll keep a mask on him. :grinning: Hey, I went to the ear saver page and it kind of seems like it’s just for frontline workers.

1 Like

I’m going to move this post over to the everything else section as the made on a glowforge one is for posting things you have created.

1 Like

Make it a bit foolproof for the youngsters

clip

And they cannot put their eye out like with a paper clip S hook.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Anyone who asks is a “frontline worker” now.

2 Likes

I would wonder if there would be an issue with kids (being able to do this behind their head, or liability with children???); especially with the younger ones. I would almost suggest having the PTA buy this really SOFT elastic that I got off of Etsy and staple those on masks for the children and teachers —I cannot believe how soft this elastic is.

They could even make them with the filter (Filti) face mask material as it only takes a stapler; scotch tape, and elastic to make one that might be safer than the cheapy cheapy and could be made to any size. I made 2 in 5 minutes on first try (while talking and I’m sure it would be a lot faster once you got going).

1 Like

Has anyone used foam for the ear saver patterns floating around? I was thinking it would be softer/more flexible. I was thinking it could be attached to the mask on one side and then a child would only have to “hook” the other side.

1 Like

Good idea! I haven’t cut foam and I’m not sure which brand is safe. Maybe someone will reply here and let us know.

1 Like

I build foam cosplay armor and tried a high density foam for earsavers. After the heat from the laser, the foam that was previously untearable, snapped with little effort. Foam is out. I have also had a few of my own acrylic earsavers snap. I am now trying plastic folders from walmart. Supposedly untearable and a sanitizable material. Also only 32 cents a folder. When broken down, makes more earsavers than a sheet of acrylic for next to nothing. I am testing many new materials and will post those on my website as I can’t sign nin to the community with my OWN account.
Ken from ZomBkar,com
thekiltedcraftsman@gmail.com

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.