East Coast storms

Hope everyone in the East Coast stays safe, I’m in Maryland near the Delaware line and the winds are very high tonight, preparing for possible power outages.

19 Likes

Yeah, tonight is not the night to be starting a three hour engrave.

14 Likes

crazy on the other side of DC from you, too. keeping my fingers crossed on the power.

10 Likes

We already got ours here in southeast Alabama., It was rough, but I haven’t discovered any. Real damage.

12 Likes

We have 1.91 inches of rain since midnight, and it’s been very windy all day. Our highest gusts have been 31, which blew down a dead tree down in our woods and some other branches, but nothing major.

11 Likes

Slush currently, and it’ll freeze tonight. I’m not planning on leaving the house tomorrow!

12 Likes

Tornado watch, lots of wind this afternoon, and several bands of rain the blew through. We shouldn’t have to water the lawn for the next few days!

They had a tornado warning at work but that all cleared a short time later.

11 Likes

Snow here but it was warm enough the roads are pretty clear. Not before several cars went into the ditches!

8 Likes

Had a tornado warning south of here but it was not as bad as we get in the summer. At least it was just a front and not another “Storm of the Century” that was a weird January Hurricane, which was what I feared before actually looking .

Looking now some winds on the coast are showing 50+ mph .

6 Likes

Lost power twice here for about 10 minutes each time, a. Few friends without power about 10 miles towards APG

8 Likes

Yikes. Glad you’re all OK.

It’s hitting us now… can’t tell how bad it will be. But with a foot of snow and now pouring rain (it will be 50 degrees today), I’m expecting a lot of flooding on my drive tomorrow.

6 Likes

I had a “pajama day” all day yesterday. Worked on some more of the cross stitch piece I’ve been working on, drank hot chocolate, and watched tv while cross stitching. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ellen,
We ended up with 4.5 inches of rain and I stayed in my PJs most of the day too. I did throw on a real shirt before my husband arrived home from work, but I left my flannel PJ pants on, they were too comfy to take off :smile:

I just started a fire so it should be going well before he gets home tonight.

5 Likes

So our technical next door neighbor is actually a long driveway to the actual parcel behind two properties. They run a burial vault business. So one of the guys goes to show up to work this morning and find one of our pines across the driveway. It was short enough that is didn’t take out their power lines on the opposite driveway side, and it didn’t fall across our driveway which would have taken out our lines.

Dix-McGuire super base about 5 miles away recorded a 52mph wind burst during the 9 o’clock hour last night. Dad figures that’s when it went down.

8 Likes

8" of rain. The lowered portion of the dock (makes getting in & out of kayaks and paddle boards easier) was awash when it normally has a couple of inches gap between the bottom & the water.

6 Likes

Thanks to ya’ll talking about the storms I finally remembered to take down the patio umbrella and, more importantly, its water filled base. There was definitely ice in there so thank you all!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.