Easter Basket customizable Cuttle template

My wife and I designed this Easter Basket Cuttle template.

All the pieces press-fit together (no glue required).

You can customize the material thickness to whatever wood you’re using, as well as the dimensions (width, depth, and height). You can also customize the angle that the sides are inclined, and the number of horizontal slats.

Simply go to the template, type in your desired parameters, and click Download SVG.

easter basket parameters 2 medium

It comes with a plain handle but we also included a handle with customizable text.

easter handle text

The Cuttle template is free for the next two weeks! After that it will become a premium template.

I encourage you to generate a basket for your own material thickness and desired size, but here is the SVG I generated for the “mini basket” from the picture above. It has a material thickness of 0.118 for Proofgrade Light Maple.

Easter Basket - Cut Layout

Enjoy! :rabbit:

45 Likes

So cute. That’s a wonderful share - thanks! :hatching_chick:

12 Likes

Wow supper cool and super cute

10 Likes

So cute!

8 Likes

Very nice! Thank you!

6 Likes

Thank you so much, I can’t wait to make some

7 Likes

Wonderful! Thanks so much!

6 Likes

Ohhhh… this is cute! (And I actually saw it before Easter, which is unusually excellent timing for me!) :smile:

Thanks for sharing!

9 Likes

Thanks y’all!

@Jules Glad you found it in time! I’m trying to be better about not doing holiday projects at the last minute… :sweat_smile:

One of our favorite design features from this one is that the side pieces are inclined at a slight angle. It makes it feel much more basket-like. Our first iteration (with straight sides) felt too boxy.

We just edited this little video which I think captures the 3D shape:

easter_basket_spinning

10 Likes

This is adorable! Thank you so much! Nice basket fill!

7 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing!!

3 Likes

This is beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m just sitting here admiring the cleverness of that layout function. I realize, looking through past projects, it’s not new, but it’s the first time I’ve noticed it.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been experimenting with it in the last few templates. I think it will end up being a built in.

We’re also working on a more dedicated nesting workflow.

@chris1 based on the encouragement from your post and others, we just added this “Auto Layout” to the Creation Panel (Browse All Shapes) in Cuttle.

You can pull it out and then list your components in (nested) arrays to quickly tetris them into a layout.

2 Likes