Easy and cheap window vent! (without having to use your glowforge to make it!)

Hey all! Just got my glowforge in the mail- instead of grabbing the 1K solution or risking a non-vented first pass with the machine we came up with this! Under the photos I’ve added some links.

IMG_7106

IMG_7114

Home Depot:
-# 4 in. Inline Vent Draft Blocker

-Poplar wood plank (we made sure the length was right for our window- you can ask people at home depot to trim it for you)
-all you have to do is cut a circular hole in the wood and then remove the plastic circular cover, but can put it back in when you dont use your machine.

Hope this helps!

16 Likes

Love it! I just got my GF and while I was waiting on it to arrive I built the identical window vent using the same draft blocker! I just used an old pine board I had laying around. I painted the inside of the board the same color as my wall paint so it blends nicely. Works great, looks great, and cost under $10.

3 Likes

Beautiful.
I will add that for ~$30 you can get an inline fan and attach it to your board - you can then turn off the fan inside the :glowforge: and beautiful (almost) silence will descend.

It’s frickin’ amazing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.