Easy valentines gift

did you take a bite out of the one on the table? (love the grain on that table, btw)

8 Likes

The table is a ratty piece of plywood in my workshop :slightly_smiling_face:

And the one on the bottom is a stray piece of masking :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Cute share. :slight_smile:

You can make your own messages, I used the round arial font to do it. It’s a pretty close match for the first y used on the candies.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly— so very sweet and tiny

2 Likes

Much healthier than the candy kind — no sugar, plenty of fiber!

4 Likes

We love us some :heart: scraps!
Any reason this is not in the Free Design section? :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Not particularly except that mostly I was showing a thing I made and then just threw the design file in there because why not.

I mean it’s barely even a “design“, this is a trivial text and outline mashup. Didn’t seem especially worthy.

3 Likes

Don’t underestimate your “free” contribution! Newbies and beginners would be thrilled and are probably scanning the free design section right now for stuff they can make for Valentine’s Day … :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Is that purpleheart or did you color it? Either way, these are pretty awesome lol, nice job

1 Like

All natural colors. Purpleheart, maple, yellowheart, parauk, bubinga, figured walnut, mahogany, maybe some cherry. Just random things I pulled out of my scrap box.

2 Likes

Noice. I really need to A: get my wood shop finished and B: get back to doing more woodworking so I too can have cool scraps for laser stuff…

2 Likes

Buy a multipack from Kim Oberlin, then you’ll always have the perfect accent woods kicking around when the inspiration strikes.

He’s got a couple up right now, here’s one:

5 Likes

oooooooooooh :star_struck:

Fun! Maybe a script font next time? :wink:

2 Likes

Do your worst.

I was trying to match the candies, but if you want to junk it up with a terrible script font, have at it :wink:

3 Likes

Good way to use up scrap.

1 Like

Nice share. I imagine quite a few will want to whip these up for Friday.

Even those that aren’t “barely a design” are appreciated. Sometimes people aren’t sure how to do even the little things and sometimes life is busy … and you’re saving them from thinking or whipping up something when they have zero time. So, very kind.

This is sold in the catalog. I guess if you made itty bitty stands you would feel better? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I already published itty bitty stands…

:slight_smile:

1 Like