Edge lit acrylic light bulbs

These laser cut and the etched acrylic light bulbs are quiet fun. Not sure how well they will work as a diffused light source however.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/223369358/uri-led-light-bulb-i-modern-lamp-design-for-home-i/description

21 Likes

Looks interesting, from one of the picture where the lady is reading. It doesn’t look like there is enough light.

1 Like

They’re only 3W (25W incandescent equivalent) according to the campaign. Unfocused and without an efficiently designed reflector they’re more nightlight than reading lamp.

4 Likes

Those are awesome! But yeah, more for decoration than function. Same with Edison bulbs. Which are now being sold with LEDs and that’s just too weird…
I might have to do some searching for a source of the lightbulb bases they mention, unless are making those themselves?

2 Likes

Whoa, that’s really neat though. Pretty cool idea all in all i think. Definitely more decorative than bright light functional, but that’s cool. Thanks for sharing!

• R

A few more similar ideas:

Darn those YouTube rabbit holes!

11 Likes

Those 3D designs look pretty cool.
Looks like we could make our own by just etching a the wireframe from a 3D render.
Not sure how difficult that would as I have no experience with 3D rendering, this is definitely something that’s going into my GF bucket list.

2 Likes