Edge Lit LED Signature Plate Plaque - Double Acrylic w/ Signature Back Plate
I loved working on this project. It was my 2nd delivered GF product. I presented it as a gift for my manager and had everyone sign it prior. I used one piece of proof grade acrylic and 3/16" medium maple plywood. I documented full directions, hardware material list, plans. @ryandewitt
What I learned-
- Test little 2d cuts of items that fit together in 3D at a fraction of the total cut, not scaled. Testx2
- Not Vectorizing Text can cause a GF App file error that’s not clear it’s your TEXT.
- Presenting this as a Gift requires packaging (not just gift wrap) Makes a huge difference in appeared Value. Think about the BIG unveil. Make it Epic. I used a Cardboard hinged Lid and had the light already turned on.
- Cardboard Packaging takes more time to cut and should be considered as part of the Design.
- Scores are WAY faster than Engraves. I’m new. Sorry. Wait no I’m not.
- Everyone loves the Smell of Burnt Wood, a little too much. I think our Caveman brains are involved. They needed a GF in that cave to etch rocks.
- Cutting crappy 3/8 plywood is too difficult and not worth it. Make your own ply. Build and glue up progressive thinner sheets.